right now, I am being the laziest I have been in a long time. I have not been modivated to learn ASM. But, dispite that, I have been working on programs non the less.

The latest program in my little list(TImail, TInet, TIchat, TIfile) that I have been working on is TImail. I know I cant get far with BASIC, but I will soon learn it and make my programs better.

Anyway, enough with all that. This proram is a message exchanging program, You simply upload the messages(str1-8) to read.

There is a Trash, Inbox, and Compose features.
    The Inbox has Delete, and View features.
    The Trash has Recover and Permanent Delete features
    The Compose, will soon have a Signature option, and already has a from indicator.
The problem is, you can only have 8 messages, and it uses all your Strings.

Its pretty good so far, as a BASIC program. But hopefuly I will learn ASM like I have wanted/been to lazy to learn.

If anyone wants, I can upload a BETA once I get my cord.
Interesting. But somehow I have the idea that the CemeMail client based on CALCnet 2 will pwn it. Wink I'd be interested to see if you can come up with a cool interface for this on a 96x64 screen. Also, can you try to keep them all in one string with delineation via one of the plots characters/
One thing I have been trying to do is, find out how to grab certain text, maybe in between tags or something. Another thing, how do you wrap text in the graph screen?

Also, I have never heard of CemeMail. I heard of CALCnet after I had started on all these programs. But never heard of any other prorgams.

What other programs do you plan on creating, like 'net based' I guess you could say.
Well, probably this:

>>internet
>>ftp
>>email
>>chat
>>file share [.8** only]

And CemeMail isn't an official name or anything, just a term for Cn2 email.
Hehe, I can see it already. BittorrentTI Laughing
Chipmaster wrote:
Hehe, I can see it already. BittorrentTI 0x5
Heh, someone suggested "Lemonwire", or perhaps BiTItorrent. I think C2C sounds nice, imho.
lol. Thats funny.

These are the original ideas I had coming from a piece of paper since around the time I got my calc Laughing .

TInet (calc pages)
TImail (Calc emailing)
TIchat (live chat)
TIfile (FTP/File Sharing, also a download agent)
Interesting. Now, do you see those services as segregated from the rest of the internet, as a separate calc network of email, chatting, etc, or somehow tied into the rest of the 'net?
Well, I guess you could say I put them all in one group/package.

I just called it TINET.

Hopefuly I will learn TI-ASM and pick up the pace.

Btw, I tried asking this before, but I guess it got ignored.

"I dont know how to grab certain text from a string, maybe in between tags or something. Another thing, how do you wrap text in the graph screen? "

I am guessing this is all done by ASM, but not sure.
You can do all that with BASIC. Use sub( to separate a certain amount of characters from within a string, and create a simple algorithm to detect when you are displaying off the graphscreen and make a newline.
Confused . I will look up the syntax on sub( . But I have no clue how to make it detect if something is off screen.
Okay, here's how I would do it. That's not to say this is the best method (becuase I'm certain that someone here will either come up with a better method or improve on mine). Also, I'll assume you want to display the contents of Str1 on the graphscreen wrapped such that words are not broken up. Lastly the stupid TIOS's small font does not have a consistent width. So I'll assume a 4 pixel width for all accept spaces and the few characters that don't follow this will not be allowed.

First we designate an X and Y to hold the (X,Y) coordinate of the word currently being displayed (we will display word by word). Then we loop within the string looking for the first space. Upon finding it we have a count of the letters of the first word. We multiply that by 4 and add it to our X value and see if that is less than 91 (so it will display the last character). If it is we display it, add that multiplied by 4 value to X, and add one to account for a space. If it does exceed 91, we zero X, add 7 to Y (to make a new row), and display it. It's as easy as that. Of course with this simplified method certain characters will mess it up a little bit (adding extra space between words in some cases), but for the most part it works well. Now, I want you to translate that into code. Good luck. And yes, you will need sub. Wink
Razz . Thanks dude, i will try.
Indeed. That's the way Document DE (basic version) works, if you want to check it out.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/255/25502.html
Cool. So I was on the money. I just came up with that on the spot. Very Happy
Chipmaster wrote:
Cool. So I was on the money. I just came up with that on the spot. Very Happy
Excellent. An easier (and faster) way is to assume 23 characters per line, and just take 23-char substrings.
You'd have to be careful not to separate words.
Chipmaster wrote:
You'd have to be careful not to separate words.
That's the thing though, you don't necessarily have to worry about separating words. Often the separation causes your programming to become massively more complex, especially when programming code to move around the text once it's displayed. An example is the GUI routines in Doors CS, which currently break at the edge of the textbox, not at spaces.
23, so basicly 112px-7px lines?
Damn, I am getting way to many Dim errors, and such. And I can never write it out correctly. It ethar takes from the last line and partially repeats itself, or it gets half way through the line and *ERR: INVALID DIM*

Also, I did not understand the question before.

KermMartian wrote:
Interesting. Now, do you see those services as segregated from the rest of the internet, as a separate calc network of email, chatting, etc, or somehow tied into the rest of the 'net?

It kinda depends. It depends on how it connects. Will it be compatable. What type of servers/whatever is it going to be. Hardware, and other stuff. It depends on alot. Obviously, I dont have much hardware experience as most, so thats my downfall. Wink

I can start another topic on how my idea works, and maybe we can tie it into one perfect...thing Razz .

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours