Hi.
I programmed this game while on vacation recently using the TI5x emulator app on Android and it should run on a TI 59 or TI 95 calculator. The printer is optional but very helpful. The app does does have an emulated printer. It's rather large at 926 steps and requires 20 memories.
The files can be founds here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PQEBElwkNqpNoldENfpjUR3HoFtLMsvO?usp=sharing
They include a full listing, instructions, and a binary file which can be loaded into the Ti5x app if you have it (you have to change the extension to ti5p before loading).

The game pits you as the pilot of a fighter plane against a computer controlled drone and you have to try to shoot it down before it gets you.

Enjoy Smile

PS: if there are others here who still program the old classic TI calculators, I'd love to hear from you and your projects!
I'd love to try this, but I don't have any compatible calculators nor emulators. Could you get a screenshot or screen-recording of the game running? Or even better, could you port it to the TI 84 Plus? If you want to stay vintage, you could port it to the TI 81 which is almost two decades old by now. Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I'd love to try this, but I don't have any compatible calculators nor emulators. Could you get a screenshot or screen-recording of the game running? Or even better, could you port it to the TI 84 Plus? If you want to stay vintage, you could port it to the TI 81 which is almost two decades old by now. Smile

A screenshot or recording would make for a very boring view given that the TI 59's display is just one small line of numeric red LED's and all you would see is a variety of numbers being displayed Smile

I actually used the Android app Ti5x which is a very faithful TI 59 emulator to program the game because I can save my programs in it and it has an integrated emulated printer as well. My real TI 59 no longer reads or saves the magnetic cards needed for storage, and typing in 926 programming steps by hand every time I wanted to play would be rather painful...

The files include the airwar.bin file which can be loaded by the Ti5x app once you change the extension to ti5p.

There is also a Windows emulator for the TI 59 here: http://www.zanchetta.net/default.aspx?Categorie=CALCULATRICES&Page=TI59Emulator, but I have never tried it.

As for porting to the TI 8x line of calculators, it might be something I might consider at some point, perhaps leveraging their graphic capabilities as well. That said, they are way too sophisticated compared to the TI 59, and thus less attractive to me from a challenge standpoint.
So I went ahead and tested Alain Zanchetta's Windows emulator for the TI 59 (link in the previous reply) and it works great. It runs just fine in Win 10. You can find the Air War file for it (airwar.ti) here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PQEBElwkNqpNoldENfpjUR3HoFtLMsvO?usp=sharing.

To load, press the INV key, then the 2nd key and finally the write key and you will get file loading menu.
I found a bug in the program and updated the files accordingly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours