GTII was a great success at my school, but seeing the lack of options for cars and all, I have decided to remake it. The following things are planned to be included or already have been:

-10 different cars instead of 7
-more realistic money winnings and car prices
-3 different car slots instead of 1-stock, street and pro
-Only stock can race stock, street street, etc for fair gameplay
-HP limits will be issued on stock and street to prevent cheating in multiplayer games and having to use a strategy to find out what you need to get the best performance for your car while staying within limits
-"Missions" where you have to beat a fictional character to gain parts that are better than what you can buy in the store (like in NFSUG!)
-A secret car that is faster and lighter than all the others

If anyone wants it, I made a cheating program for GTII. No, it won't work for GTIII Rolling Eyes It is still in it's infancy but if enough people want to see what I have done I can post up something.
Do you have a link for GTII?

I am not even sure if anyone even knows about GTII, more or less has it or knows what your talking about.
I've never play a calculator version of Grand Turismo. Is it a 3rd person view from above or 3d from within the car? What language is it in?
I dont think its GT2, I think its some kinda of street racing game.
It's 3rd person bird's-eye view, and it's BASIC.
https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/194/19421.html
Unfortunately, I don't see any screenies, so I can't elaborate any more...
It's a game made in BASIC that is suprisingly addictive but lacks a realistic nature.

http://www.goldfiles.com/portal.php?fileid=125

EDIT: The file that K3RM posted isn't what I was referring to, but I'm going to check it out anyhow.
BrandonB wrote:
It's a game made in BASIC that is suprisingly addictive but lacks a realistic nature.

http://www.goldfiles.com/portal.php?fileid=125
Hmm, ic. I would prefer if there was an action screenshot somewhere though... is it your classic text-based TI-BASIC racing game?
Just so everyone else knows, it uses a box plot to simulate drag racing.
BrandonB wrote:
Yup, that sounds pretty cool. Wouldn't that be a bit limited gfx-wise though? Oh, by the way, are you planning on adding support for linked play at all?
BrandonB wrote:
That's a very original idea. I like it Wink Of course, it would probably look better (as in more detailed) if you used some other graphics display method, but...dang...that's pretty sweet. Cool
Chipmaster wrote:
BrandonB wrote:
That's a very original idea. I like it Wink Of course, it would probably look better (as in more detailed) if you used some other graphics display method, but...dang...that's pretty sweet. Cool
Yeah. So I assume when he rewrites the original game, he'll also rewrite the boxplot method they used for the rendering.
I still think it's a unique approach.
toss xlib in there for some sprite loving....
I thought about that, but since I already have 3 lists (car profiles) and a program, I think it is already pushing it on how many files you have. I just don't like to have to download alot of things to get a BASIC program to work, and I assume that most others don't either. Even though XLib is an application, it took a few minutes for me to explain to some people how MirageOS worked (long story, had to use strictly ION in Middle School because the teacher thought it was bad due to earlier versions), and I will most likely be distributing my own program throughout the school to an extent, and the less, the better.
They thought it was bad for running BASIC programs because it is. MirageOS is notoriously unstable for BASIC, even though it's rock-solid for ASM.
Just looked at the game code....I don't see why it was so popular, along with the other games on goldfiles, it's pretty bad code. I've never seen so many goto's in my life. Quite a few memory leaks as well.

What you are planning on doing shouldn't be so hard if you clean up the code. Good luck, if you need help just ask.
KermMartian wrote:
They thought it was bad for running BASIC programs because it is. MirageOS is notoriously unstable for BASIC, even though it's rock-solid for ASM.
Really? It's never given me any problems with BASIC programs.
KermMartian wrote:

o.0 aren't you using the same method to run basic progs as mirage now? You did, after all, get that code snippet from detached solutions forum, no? And i've never had any trouble w/ basic and MOS either....
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

o.0 aren't you using the same method to run basic progs as mirage now? You did, after all, get that code snippet from detached solutions forum, no? And i've never had any trouble w/ basic and MOS either....
The code snippet was indeed from Detached, but it's not the same method used in Mirage. For one thing, MirageOS cannot run BASIC subprograms (usually; I think that was fixed in 1.2) and the code posted on the forums was actually buggy. I had to make quite a few changes before it would operate correctly under normal use. So no, my method should be more stable than Mirage's. There also seem to be a lot of crashes from their description-as-first-line thing, especially when non-alphanumeric characters are used.
Always worked fine for me, although I've only ever used 1.2

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours