Are you interested in porting a program to the computer?
Yes!
 35%  [ 6 ]
Yes, I would like to offer my programs.
 23%  [ 4 ]
No!
 11%  [ 2 ]
No, but I'd like to offer my programs.
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

We've seen multiple ports of games to the calculator but have you ever considered porting a program to the computer? This contest will require program authors to give consent that their programs be ported to the computer. If there's enough interest we, the admins, will reach out to various authors. If you'd like to offer any of your programs, feel free to reach out to us by posting below or PMing myself.

No details about the contest yet, we'll hammer that out once this moves forward Smile
Hey guys, just bumping this poll. Be sure to get your vote in! Thanks.
Also, please feel free to contribute your thoughts in the body of this topic about why you gave the answer you did. Is this the sort of contest you'd like to participate in? If not, why? Thanks!
I'd personally really like to be a part of this contest (though I voted no in the poll at the time) because it's a really cool idea.

I volunteered all of my programs (when applicable) to the contest!
Do we have details on that contest yet? Also, what type of programs would we even port. Most of the games that are written for the calculators have some type of mobile phone or computer in some way shape or form. Almost all math programs are already online, so I don't get what programs can even be ported.
rohanmodi wrote:
Do we have details on that contest yet? Also, what type of programs would we even port. Most of the games that are written for the calculators have some type of mobile phone or computer in some way shape or form. Almost all math programs are already online, so I don't get what programs can even be ported.

There are plenty of original games in the archives.

There's much more to calc programming than just games and "math helpers", even if the former category is all that's really downloaded. (Insert rant on why math helper programs are really dumb because they are just used as cheating tools by the general population.)
The poll is now closed. Thanks to all who voted.

I'll work on the details of this contest, if you voted to offer your programs please reach out to myself or KermMartian so we can get things ready. If you have PM'd me already, super awesome! I'll be in touch in the next few weeks with some follow up questions.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours