Do you want Nether and End Portals in this project?
Yes!!! MOST DEFINITELY!!!
 30%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but RAM use is an issue with my CE
 40%  [ 4 ]
Not really, but maybe later
 10%  [ 1 ]
Nope, not on my CE! Maybe a version with and without.
 10%  [ 1 ]
NEVER!!!
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

NoaxPrime wrote:
slimeenergy wrote:
I feel like the store on bedrock-edition was a mistake, and you shouldn't try to emulate it. I'd much rather just download a texture pack someone made online and install it without having to pay in-game money for it. If you made texture packs work more like they do on Java Edition I'd probably download this on release.

Exactly, unless the idea is changed, I might as well stick to the older version and hack it myself. It'll be a creator vs hacker thing for calculators.

EDIT: Also, I think the reason the Bedrock Edition store is so bad is because you aren't actually supporting creators directly, you're paying Microsoft in hopes that your favorite developers will be paid back. With the calculator, there is NO WAY to track this, meaning no chance of supporting the creator. At least if we make it free and forget the store, we won
t have to worry about payment.

The reason I hate the bedrock store is because they added micro-transactions to the game. You should just pay for the game and that's it. However, now they want you to get "mine-coins" and buy texture packs and "mods" instead of just downloading them on the internet and dragging them into a folder.
Before Microsoft owned Mojang there was actually an April fools joke about micro-transactions awhile ago. https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Locked_chest
slimeenergy wrote:
NoaxPrime wrote:
slimeenergy wrote:
I feel like the store on bedrock-edition was a mistake, and you shouldn't try to emulate it. I'd much rather just download a texture pack someone made online and install it without having to pay in-game money for it. If you made texture packs work more like they do on Java Edition I'd probably download this on release.

Exactly, unless the idea is changed, I might as well stick to the older version and hack it myself. It'll be a creator vs hacker thing for calculators.

EDIT: Also, I think the reason the Bedrock Edition store is so bad is because you aren't actually supporting creators directly, you're paying Microsoft in hopes that your favorite developers will be paid back. With the calculator, there is NO WAY to track this, meaning no chance of supporting the creator. At least if we make it free and forget the store, we won't have to worry about payment. Plus, there's another issue with bedrock present here. You are locking people's work (whether it be yours or not) behind paywalls!

The reason I hate the bedrock store is because they added micro-transactions to the game. You should just pay for the game and that's it. However, now they want you to get "mine-coins" and buy texture packs and "mods" instead of just downloading them on the internet and dragging them into a folder.
Before Microsoft owned Mojang there was actually an April fools joke about micro-transactions awhile ago. https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Locked_chest

Well, there were transactions before, but it's gotten a LOT worse, especially when you look at texture packs like Faithful. Why did the creator decide such a high price was a good idea?
NoaxPrime wrote:
slimeenergy wrote:

EDIT: Also, I think the reason the Bedrock Edition store is so bad is because you aren't actually supporting creators directly, you're paying Microsoft in hopes that your favorite developers will be paid back. With the calculator, there is NO WAY to track this, meaning no chance of supporting the creator. At least if we make it free and forget the store, we won't have to worry about payment. Plus, there's another issue with bedrock present here. You are locking people's work (whether it be yours or not) behind paywalls!

Sorry I have not posted lately, as I have been busy.
So what I will do is allow free texture packs and content to be shared with everyone, once they are made
It will say "STORE", but it's really there to make it look like an actual version of Minecraft, but it will not function that way. In the store, you can import your texture/skin packs into Minecraft. But I have to redo the skin sprites to open in an appvar. I think the layout will be like this:
Left-face skin (side view) on the very left, then Right-face skin (side view) in the middle, and then the Icon for that skin on the very right of the tileset. The tileset will consist of 4 skins, or one skin pack.
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

Sorry I have not posted lately, as I have been busy.
So what I will do is allow free texture packs and content to be shared with everyone, once they are made
It will say "STORE", but it's really there to make it look like an actual version of Minecraft, but it will not function that way. In the store, you can import your texture/skin packs into Minecraft. But I have to redo the skin sprites to open in an appvar. I think the layout will be like this:
Left-face skin (side view) on the very left, then Right-face skin (side view) in the middle, and then the Icon for that skin on the very right of the tileset. The tileset will consist of 4 skins, or one skin pack.

Alright, I like this idea! It actually seems like something neat and I can't wait to see how it ends up! Very Happy
Ok so I haven't posted about this in a few days, but I want to show you what the menu will kind of look like:
https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/minecraft_gamepedia/8/87/EarlyIndevTitle.gif?version=4ee6a16a82b6b587ebba28b30b8751ec

It's a little different, but the scrolling dirt blocks is working. I will provide screenshots for Alpha v4.0 in a few minutes.
Multiplayer menu has a little improvements, but still it won't actually connect until USB is added to ICE, after it's finished.
I did find a bug in the earlier version which did glitch out the USB chip. When I was opening an appvar, I did it wrong and the USB light came on without the CE being plugged in. Does anyone have any ideas and info as to how the USB light comes on? It can apparently come on when it's not plugged in, but the calc freezes

EDIT: EYE CANDY!!! Razz NOTICE THE BACKGROUND
The background scrolling looks awesome!
Nice! One thing I do suggest is using actual text for the "Pocket Edition", that way it looks more realistic and not highly pixelated.

Otherwise, nice, can't wait to see the end product!
SM84CE wrote:
Nice! One thing I do suggest is using actual text for the "Pocket Edition", that way it looks more realistic and not highly pixelated.

In order for me to do that, I need to find out if MC2DDAT is a tileset. It's in the google drive links.
Also, my friends requested and basically begged me to make it 3D. I know that'll be tough, and maybe impossible.
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
SM84CE wrote:

In order for me to do that, I need to find out if MC2DDAT is a tileset. It's in the google drive links.
Also, my friends requested and basically begged me to make it 3D. I know that'll be tough, and maybe impossible.

Nah, you can just redraw the colors on top of it to look more like the original, because the compression messed with the colors a bit. Just find a way to open it and recolor it/fix the text to make it more readable. Smile
SM84CE wrote:

Try using this updated graphic (you won't have to scale it)
Update
calclover2514 wrote:
SM84CE wrote:

Try using this updated graphic (you won't have to scale it)
Update

That logo has good graphics!
LogicalJoe is also helping me with a logo, as well as everything else too

EDIT:
News:
- Progress is slow, because I haven't gotten around to working on it often, but I'm back!
- The OPTIONS menu needs to be complete. I am adding options rather quickly.

This is kind of a survey questionnaire, so if you answer it please post answers to all questions.

Questionnaire:
** NOTE: Your answers are important. The next update varies as to what answers I get most of.
These are the questions:
1.) I plan on adding 4 animal mobs: Pig, Cow, Chicken, and Sheep. List these mobs in order from what you want first to last.
2.) Once USB support arrives (if it does), I plan on adding multiplayer servers, and maybe more than 2 player link support. What do you want the player limit to be by default? NOTE: The player hosting the server will be able to change this to unlimited if he/she wants.
3.) The NETHER and END will be functional. What mobs do you want for those 2 dimensions.

Thank you for your answers!
I was wondering, what type of buffer is the game using? (blit, swap) Question
Alvajoy123 wrote:
I was wondering, what type of buffer is the game using? (blit, swap) Question

This game uses blit. I use setdrawloc(1), or det(9,1) at the beginning of menus and in the user key loop I use blit(1) or det(11,1
This is a documentary on how I will try to make a unique psuedorandom generator (Minecraft generator) for future reference.
Here's how the seeds are planned to work, but I'm still trying to figure it out...
Upon making a new world, the game makes a random seed stored in Str8. This is because I want seeds to be unique and include leters too.
Once the user selects GENERATE, the game will execute this code, which will convert numbers and letters (again in Str8), into just numbers:

Code:

//string with just numbers
""->Str4
:For(A,0,length(Str8))
:If inString(sub(Str8,A,1),"ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"
://might can be shortened/improved
:For(B,0,26
:If inString(sub(Str8,A,1),sub("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ",B,1))
://let's say this contained an A, that will be 11, so use this code below to convert all letters
:Str4+sub("1112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536",B×2,2)->Str4
:End
:Else
:Str4+sub(Str8,A,1)->Str4

It seems like this code will do. So now that Str4 is a string containing only numbers, how can I copy those numbers into a variable 'SEED'? It would work like expr(Str4)->SEED, but expr cannot be used in ICE, so how could I do something like that?
UPDATE TIME!!!
As of now, the seed generator works, but is nowhere like the actual Minecraft.
Seeds are customizable. However, I noticed I have to add another option to change between SUPERFLAT and STANDARD worlds. Superflat worlds and seeds will mingle together, where the seed determines unique features that makes the world more fun!
The game has a unique seed system. I will explain it here:
- If a seed size is less than 8, it will copy it to make it a length of 8.
- Then, it'll add this string to itself around 100 times, to make up for the biggest world size.
- Finally, it will resize this string to the exact size of the world.

Letters are supported in seeds, so your seeds can be names, words, phrases, etc! It will always convert it in less than 2 seconds.

EDIT: New UPDATE for April 24, 2019 at 9:46 AM:
- World Generator implemented, using the older program SCROLLV3 for my older 2D Minecraft CE versions.
- Menus updated, and the words will need to be centered on the buttons (which I will do shortly)
- Texture Packs can be imported, viewed, and set.

Notice: These are the BUGS, which will be worked out soon...
- Even though texture packs are set, the game has corrupted (or missing) tiles. I think this is due to the version check (that was implemented), which did not compare VERSION to "4.0", which I CLEARLY added to the 4th line of the source file. Another reason might be that the reading is not working properly. Either way, I cannot release the source until it is finished.
So if I had keycodes in a list in ICE and I wanted to use, lets say

Code:
:If getkey(L1(7))

so that it repeated the getkey process for that keycode, how would I do or fix that, since apparently that code does not work
I decided to release this version, which has a few missing things, which I haven't gotten around to adding.

Read the README from this link to find out more...

This is the link to download 2D Minecraft CE (right now MCLITE) BETA v4.0.0
https://github.com/TimmyTurner51/2D-Minecraft-CE

This is a fairly stable build, but to be sure, backup ALL RAM BEFORE running this game!!!
It's not very stable at all, actually, whether I compile it or use the pre-compiled version, it doesn't work properly. There's a broken sprite on the texture screen, the world name is corrupted, and more. It just doesn't work...
Many of those things I noticed, and its only because I didnt gully add them. They are being fixed right now
Alright, cool! Can't wait to actually try this out! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours