Do you want Nether and End Portals in this project?
Yes!!! MOST DEFINITELY!!!
 30%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but RAM use is an issue with my CE
 40%  [ 4 ]
Not really, but maybe later
 10%  [ 1 ]
Nope, not on my CE! Maybe a version with and without.
 10%  [ 1 ]
NEVER!!!
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Unfortunately, 2D Minecraft CE's production has been halted. Since I did not buy my CE myself, it can get taken away. My parents took it only because of my day in and day out coding.
I will continue once I get it back, and I'm sad to say that we will have to wait longer
You could've (and should've) taken a ROM dump to use CEmu for testing, if you don't already. I apologize if you already so it, I just didn't feel like reading through the thread Razz

Anyways, hope you get it back soon!
SM84CE wrote:
You could've (and should've) taken a ROM dump to use CEmu for testing, if you don't already. I apologize if you already so it, I just didn't feel like reading through the thread Razz

Good news! I now have my CE, but I will have to refresh my mind on how I made Minecraft. I will try to finish my new creative inventory, and I really need to add mobs, but that's gonna be hard
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
SM84CE wrote:

Good news! I now have my CE, but I will have to refresh my mind on how I made Minecraft. I will try to finish my new creative inventory, and I really need to add mobs, but that's gonna be hard

I look forward to see the update. good job Good Idea
Well guys, I’m glad to say I can make some updates, but still can’t release them once finished (I still don’t have a pc) Sad

So there are bugs and glitches in just about every version I made. This upsets me as I know I could’ve done better! So with that being said, I played the latest version I released (beta v4.0.0)... and I noticed more bugs than I can count there too! So that’s why I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

I am *once again* reworking, improving, and fixing several things I noticed were terrible in beta v4.0.0. Just wait, BIG changes are coming!
I made a YouTube video covering what extremely minor changes I made here: https://youtube.com/brQ-lpVgqKc

It also lists the things I plan on doing soon,
Also, please like, comment, and subscribe!

Thanks to everyone, I’m somewhat back in business. Thank you all. For your help I am humble. As I said, I don’t have a pc, so I can’t release any versions once they’re made, but I hope I can find a way! Either way, I’ll release it!
Beckadamtheinventor’s game Icycraft has inspired me greatly! I’ll explain why...

The things that I need to do:
1.) Fix all noticeable bugs, and attempt to fix all bugs. I MUST SUCCEED.
2.) make thorough, final improvements... INCLUDING SKIN IMPORTS *FINALLY*!
3.) release it as v4.0.1 final-dev beta. Don’t get confused... I am not done YET! The “final-dev” part of “v4.0.1 final-dev beta” means v4.0.1 is complete, and ready for the next update version!
4.) Remake 2D Minecraft CE’s source, all in one single source program! However, if I combined all the programs for 2D Minecraft CE together, the size would exceed the maximum allowed program size. Instead I’ll remove any duplicate code, remove unused or unnecessary code, and shorten code with, for example, math equations or conditions in it that CAN be shortened.
5.) NOW THE HARD PART... mod support! I’ll add mod support, thanks to inspiration from IcyCraft! I think I said I’d add that long ago, but this time, the source program will be compact and shortened, so I’d have plenty of room for mod support and other features!

When that checklist is complete, it’ll be ready for its release: v4.0.2 beta!

Finally, I will make a launcher for 2D Minecraft CE, with a full mod script editor! Only for 2D Minecraft CE, not any other game.
It’ll also feature mod script testing from within 2D Minecraft CE (launches it as a test for your mods), import script appvars into the launcher for editing and using, easily importing textures, skins, etc., and more features (that I don’t know about yet)!
I barely started the launcher, and it wont be released until mod support is added. Besides, it’s not even good enough to release.

Oh, and one more thing...
When the usb libs come to ice, when they do, I will finish the multiplayer menu, and attempt at adding multiplayer features! We still have to wait for the libs first...
Woah! That is a lot of things you plan to add! That would be an amazing improvement and make the game even more fun! Modding sounds like a really good addition. Also, did you say usb libs? Where did you see that? I would like to get in on some of that action myself.
Argus wrote:
Woah! That is a lot of things you plan to add! That would be an amazing improvement and make the game even more fun! Modding sounds like a really good addition. Also, did you say usb libs? Where did you see that? I would like to get in on some of that action myself.

By usb libs I mean the one that’s being worked on. It’s not in ICE yet, but when it is, it’ll be added into this project!
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Argus wrote:

By usb libs I mean the one that’s being worked on. It’s not in ICE yet, but when it is, it’ll be added into this project!

By "when" you mean "if", right? Razz

I'm happy that I could give you inspiration!
/me returns the favour
Good luck, and I'm happy to answer any questions you have! Smile
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Argus wrote:

By "when" you mean "if", right? Razz

I'm happy that I could give you inspiration!
/me returns the favour
Good luck, and I'm happy to answer any questions you have! Smile

Yeah I mean “if” lol.

I actually do have a question...
I wanted to ask you if you have any good ideas for mod script commands, like maybe “setGameMode Creative”, or something like “EditTile” (EditTile might not be available because I think it’d take a while actually making ice code that edits one tile in a texture pack tileset)

If you'd allow me to, can I use your commands too, so when I make the script edito I’ll make it support saving them to icycraft if you like me to and let me.

Thanks for the help and support Beck! Thank everyone else too!
Lemme explain how IcyCraft handles mods.
Mods in IcyCraft are actually the entire game's functionality.
Any block/item/generator behavior is defined by data in the behavior pack.
Each block has an index in the Look-Up-Table (LUT) of the behavior pack.
I use the block/item's ID as that index.

Basic block behavior is defined by a set number of flags (bits) in one of these LUTs.

-high-
bit 7 - if set, the player will not be able to move onto this tile
bit 6 - if set, this tile will move the player up or down
bit 5 - if the above is set: set=up, unset=down
bit 4 - if set, this tile can be interacted with
bit 3/2 - 00=chest, 01=crafting table, 10=furnace, 11=Other (given in the Tile crafting method LUT)
bit 1 - if set, this block can be placed
bit 0 - if set, this block can be broken
-low-

And reading from this data is as easy as bitwise ANDing with one of those bits.
for example:

Code:

*{FLAGS+ID}plotdot|E80

This would get bit 7 of the ID'th byte of FLAGS, which is the block/item flags.

For structures I have an X and Y size, Minimum and Maximum world layer, and then X*Y bytes of block data.

For biomes I have 64 bytes of block IDs.
But: I have as well a list of biome IDs, which has certain world layer ranges for certain indexes. So not any biome can spawn anywhere.
I'm not sure where I put the probability for each biome to spawn... but it's in there somewhere.

Hope this helps Smile

For more information on IcyCraft: https://icycraft-ce.ca
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
Lemme explain how IcyCraft handles mods.
Mods in IcyCraft are actually the entire game's functionality.
Any block/item/generator behavior is defined by data in the behavior pack.
Each block has an index in the Look-Up-Table (LUT) of the behavior pack.
I use the block/item's ID as that index.

Basic block behavior is defined by a set number of flags (bits) in one of these LUTs.

-high-
bit 7 - if set, the player will not be able to move onto this tile
bit 6 - if set, this tile will move the player up or down
bit 5 - if the above is set: set=up, unset=down
bit 4 - if set, this tile can be interacted with
bit 3/2 - 00=chest, 01=crafting table, 10=furnace, 11=Other (given in the Tile crafting method LUT)
bit 1 - if set, this block can be placed
bit 0 - if set, this block can be broken
-low-

And reading from this data is as easy as bitwise ANDing with one of those bits.
for example:

Code:

*{FLAGS+ID}plotdot|E80

This would get bit 7 of the ID'th byte of FLAGS, which is the block/item flags.

For structures I have an X and Y size, Minimum and Maximum world layer, and then X*Y bytes of block data.

For biomes I have 64 bytes of block IDs.
But: I have as well a list of biome IDs, which has certain world layer ranges for certain indexes. So not any biome can spawn anywhere.
I'm not sure where I put the probability for each biome to spawn... but it's in there somewhere.

Hope this helps Smile

For more information on IcyCraft: https://icycraft-ce.ca

Thanks Beck! I will surely use that information to my advantage. Instead of trying to copy the way your mods work, there will be mod script commands, so one script will be able edit everything in 2D Minecraft CE. BUT... I decided there will be 2 editors, one for this project and one for IcyCraft.

This will allow users to mod two different games like Minecraft from within one mod launcher. If you don’t want me to add an IcyCraft mod editor to 2D Minecraft CE Launcher, tell me.
I haven’t made any major progress to the launcher, just a main menu/startup menu. So as long as you allow it, I can add the IcyCraft mod creator when I begin the actual progress!
Once again, thanks for your help, it’s very much appreciated!
Oh yeah, I have a scratch account, which is MinecraftRules9010. I was a noob back then, but I don’t use scratch anymore. Just to let y’all know! Smile

There’s been people saying I can’t code in scratch, but I never actually tried making them. There’s one I called “Free Rider HD - Track Code Generator”, which I don’t know base 32... the base system free rider track codes use...
Either way, I copied this url and posted it on a scratch user’s rude comment to that project. The user basically said “This is really cool, you’re a good programmer”, and then commented “-not. Do you even know how to make games”, so I went off on the user and I’m gonna make them change their mind...

Anyway, not much progress was made. I’ve been working on my Advanced Calc project more than anything else, since it would be more useful with this project.
So I have a question for everyone who sees this... but first, I have a few NEW planned v4.0.1.002 beta features...

NEW PLANNED FEATURES (some might have already been listed before):
- In-game Tutorial popups (like the real Minecraft; the small boxes that appear in the top-right corner when playing)
- Import Worlds (world appvars). Exporting isn’t needed, since TI Connect, etc. can get appvars off the calc anyways.
- Achievements
- Major changes to every menu.
- Bug fixes for beds and doors
- Add player physics and noclip settings in cheats
- Hopefully, I’ll make render distance settings function, where, the shorter it’s set to, the less amount of blocks can be viewed. So basically, it’ll feature shading!

.. and now for my IMPORTANT QUESTION...
Ok so how could I make a smooth scrolling world engine IN ICE, like c4ooo’s old Minecraft project???

I want to add a smooth scrolling engine in the future update v4.0.1.002 beta, instead of the simple 1-block-at-a-time world scrolling engine that I’ve made and used for every other version I’ve made. It seems like it’s a little TOO simple... and it seems like nobody can get a pure experience when they play it, because I think it’s been too simple this whole time.
I appreciate the help, suggestions, and support! Thank you, everyone!!!
I noticed I've been lagging here... as in I haven't been working on this in such a long time. I've also noticed the game sucks in several different ways.

First of all, it's not even 3D. I wish it was possible in ICE... or at least easy to incorporate in ICE.
Second, it's not able to have multiplayer... still not yet Sad
Third, there are so many files you'd need to have to even play it.

It started as a hobby, and I never expected it to go as far as it did. With that in mind, I want to fix most or all of the mistakes with this, but first I NEED HELP!

I need to know:
1.) Should I learn C and try making the game in that language?
2.) If I learn C, can someone help demonstrate the basics of how C works by giving me some code and explanations in a document or something?
3.) If you DO help, can you include C code to a 3D engine that can possibly use textured blocks like Minecraft?

Help me pull this off PLEASE!! Thanks to everyone!!
You should learn C! I started learning C, and it is very fun!

Also, I would rather have a multiplayer feature before 3D, though the keypad might get a little cramped with multiple people cramming in their hands to play. Very Happy
I also recommend learning C- although it is certainly more complex than TI-Basic or ICE, is is also much more powerful. There isn't really a tutorial for C specific to the CE, but you can learn the basic language from any C tutorial. As far as the libraries specific to the CE, examples of how to use them are here, and all of the functions are documented here.

Regarding 3D, a fully 3D game like Minecraft is just not possible on the CE's hardware. Technically there is a 3D engine written in assembly, but even that is not complete, and if you add all the logic that a game like Minecraft requires, it would simply be unplayable.
3D isn't really feasible on the CE, at least not with playable frame rates or world sizes.

You should definitely learn C - not only is it more powerful for calculator programs than ICE, it will also be a useful real-world skill to have.
There are examples on how to use the CE C libraries in the toolchain. It's also for the most part compliant with the C standard, so you can find pretty much any C tutorial from the internet, as long you replace the functions that access files or print to the console with the TI-OS equivalents.
Nobody is going to write a 3D engine for you. If you want your game to be in 3D, you're going to have to write it yourself. That being said, if you have any questions about how to go about doing that, I'm sure that people will be more than willing to answer them and provide helpful resources about 3D rendering.
There is a great youtube series about making a 3d game engine from scratch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih20l3pJoeU

Although I wouldn't recommend starting learning C on a calculator, that's what I did.
I started learning C when programming in the feature-reduced version of TI-BASIC for the TI-Nspire wasn't enough anymore.
Turn on all compiler warnings (except unused-*), they're usually helpful.
And I think actually trying something out is better than just reading tutorials once you know the basics.
Eclipse is a great IDE and has a C/C++ version.
Thanks, everyone! I'm already trying to learn C. There's a Minecraft clone for the Playstation Portable (by Invisibros on YouTube) which is popular but he canceled it. I'm looking to hopefully continue it and make it even better. I recommend you guys check it out though. It has basic multiplayer functions, but doesn't actually play though as far as I know Sad

But it'd be cool to make multiplayer functional though, and it'd be a great way to learn C too.

Thanks, again!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours