Do you want Nether and End Portals in this project?
Yes!!! MOST DEFINITELY!!!
 30%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but RAM use is an issue with my CE
 40%  [ 4 ]
Not really, but maybe later
 10%  [ 1 ]
Nope, not on my CE! Maybe a version with and without.
 10%  [ 1 ]
NEVER!!!
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

I can help you will your ram issue.
you will need to save your sprites into appvars that will help a lot with the ram for now.

Beck can help you with understanding how to send sprites to appvars
Please Alvajoy123! Please feel FREE to help! Anything to save RAM is good.
NEW "TEST" RELEASE: v1.3.5.001

LINK (FIXED GAME, so world shows right):
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1Ct30RyoT4lkFuX7__8QXM2Huur8WEM2g

These features are new, but the features I listed before have NOT been implemented yet.

- Screen Smoothing and double-buffering is added everywhere, so enjoy the smoother graphics!
- Cursor movement has been sped up, but will need a little more speed improvements, which will also be fixed in the next release.

I have decided to release two versions once v1.3.6 arrives. One is with the Portals added and one is without the Portals. RAM is still a major issue, so if Beck can see this, please post code to save sprites in an appvar, and read them directly.
You should add Villages.
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
NEW "TEST" RELEASE: v1.3.5.001

LINK (FIXED GAME, so world shows right):
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1Ct30RyoT4lkFuX7__8QXM2Huur8WEM2g

These features are new, but the features I listed before have NOT been implemented yet.

- Screen Smoothing and double-buffering is added everywhere, so enjoy the smoother graphics!
- Cursor movement has been sped up, but will need a little more speed improvements, which will also be fixed in the next release.

I have decided to release two versions once v1.3.6 arrives. One is with the Portals added and one is without the Portals. RAM is still a major issue, so if Beck can see this, please post code to save sprites in an appvar, and read them directly.

you should use convhex to shrink the program at lease to 20 KM of to 8 KM.
* ask MateoC for link *
https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/convhex
Literally the first result on Google if you would bother to check there. Questions like that are probably part of the reason Mateo went on hiatus, so if you guys want him to stick around to help with USB stuff you might want to avoid bugging him with stuff like that.
Thanks to you all we are getting closer and closer...

Agin, thank you all! Smile
I'd personally like to see more animated screenshots showing off your projects- I only have so much motivation to actually download and install all 800 programs Razz
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I'd personally like to see more animated screenshots showing off your projects- I only have so much motivation to actually download and install all 800 programs Razz

I will do that for all you here shortly! Razz Your wish is my command!

EDIT: Thanks to Alvajoy123, RAM issues WILL be fixed.
Also, End Portal Frames, Eyes of Ender, and Ender Pearls are being added. After the RAM issue is fixed, I will add the "Standard" world type generator, not just "Superflat". Also, End Portal Dungeons will be added, as well as caves generation with ore spawning.
I also plan to add natural ore regeneration if there are not enough ores present.
When do you plan to add mobs?
Probably today, if I can get the world to respond quicker, which I think I can fix. Then, mobs today, probably.
This sounds like a cool project, I think you're doing an amazing job!

My only complaint though, I don't see any animated screenshots anywhere in this thread. I also tried to download the program (why are there so many freaking files dude???) and run the program, but I can't even run a single file. Tried Asm(, tried unarchiving, etc dude all I really want is to just see what it looks like...
Michael2_3B wrote:

My only complaint though, I don't see any animated screenshots anywhere in this thread. I also tried to download the program (why are there so many freaking files dude???) and run the program, but I can't even run a single file. Tried Asm(, tried unarchiving, etc dude all I really want is to just see what it looks like...

Well, there are files that you need from the previous version, so download the previous version, then overwrite any already existing files with the newest ones. You're welcome. Very Happy

EDIT: I made an organized set of files for ease of access. Hope this helps!
Michael2_3B wrote:

I did post screenshots, but I can't even find em myself Razz
But compiling it in ICE Compiler might help to run the programs. I do not have my cable, so I cannot get the *FIXED* Version.

Yes... I FIXED IT. Turns out, SCROLLV3 and SCROLLV2's sizes are very similar to one another, however, SCROLLV2 is the Fastest, and it as the original. Also, I added end portals, eyes of ender, and ender pearls. The ender Pearls are not functional yet. Eyes of ender are required to activate the Portal, but you cannot go through the portal, as the game does not check if an activated portal is present on the screen.

But I will release it either today or tomorrow, and all those links will be cleaned up, too. My original intentions for that was because I wanted to make it like an Archives section in drive. This way, cemetech members can have access to all the versions, from the very first, to right now.
NoaxPrime wrote:
Michael2_3B wrote:

Well, there are files that you need from the previous version, so download the previous version, then overwrite any already existing files with the newest ones. You're welcome. Very Happy

EDIT: I made an organized set of files for ease of access. Hope this helps!

Thank you for making an *organized* download folder. I will do the same too. Like I said, the original idea was because I wanted users to have a full list of all the project versions -- From the oldest to the newest, however, I could not organize them lately, so I will make a github page, and also reorganize that folder for all of you!

EDIT: That unorganized folder is finally reorganized. Here's the link (it's the same as before):
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1vvmeYU6vZpmpendxewbe625RRPgUmVY_
Also, here's a *quick* link for the stable release. It's the same as the contents in the Stable release folder in drive:
https://github.com/TimmyTurner51/2D-Minecraft-CE
Update Time!
v1.3.5.002a

Features:
- End Portals added. *
- End Portal Frames, Eyes of Ender, and Ender Pearls added.
- End Portal Setup can be found at the end of this post...

Update Link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/10hV3HJhxAgjuld3T-VL9w_s37q5lUe7X

* The End generator does not work as of right now, it's not been added.

End Portal Setup:
A=Lava
B=Stone
C=End Portal Frame
0=Air
Follow this outline (I do not have screenshots yet, but just follow them):
CCCCC
BAAAB

NOTE: Eyes of Ender do not activate an end portal yet, just select the end portal frame from the inventory and place it over the placed end portal frames to add eyes of ender. This is temporary, and will be fixed asap. I just haven't gotten around to it. Razz
Sorry for double posting... however, I have a question for the community:

So, if you wish to help me in becoming a developer, contact me and you will be added to the Credits document asap. Your changes will also be documented for the aid, so people can see what you are capable of!

But, the RAM issue isn't an issue. I've been experimenting with the game and how it behaves:
1.) Once you enter the game, it will check for appvars present on your calc, and if not, the game will make an empty appvar.
2.) After playing the game, and exiting the program, I notices all the variables the game used, except for appvars, have been deleted once you quit the program.
So just archive WrldData and WrldDat2, those are the biggest appvars used, they are what's eating the RAM!!
So, if you look in the code for prgmMNCRFTSC, you will notice on Lbl QUITGAME, the program will automatically open those appvars listed above, and the code to archive them is added. However, it does not archive them. That's what I need help in.
You don't need lava and stone to activate then end portal in the actual game, just the frame.

Also, you could have the program archive the world variables while exiting, rather than making the user do it.
commandblockguy wrote:
You don't need lava and stone to activate then end portal in the actual game, just the frame.

Also, you could have the program archive the world variables while exiting, rather than making the user do it.

I can fix that. The game has the code to archive the appvars, but it doesn't archive them for some reason.
Ok. I am redoing part of the game. So 2D Minecraft CE, as of now, no longer uses compiled sprite programs. Instead, it uses appvars!
But nothing else has changed, because I've been busy. The END hasn't been added yet either... but still plans on it soon, now that RAM is NO LONGER an issue!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours