Pretty much just what the title says.

I need to get the square root symbol alone, without the parenthesis, to use in a string. The root command won't work because that includes the parenthesis, the percent symbol trick gives me no √. It gives me ?super glitchy token occupying a whole line of blank things that also glitches the tokens that come afterB6Boxplotsinh⁻¹(%

After deleting the buggy token, i get a clean ?B6Boxplotsinh⁻¹(%; but no √.

I do not know how to manually add tokens and cannot write an assembly program to do it for me.

How do I get the symbol?
Kerm may have an ASM program in the archives to do that, also, what calc?
there is one for the 84+ CE, but idk about the others...
There are a couple of ways to do this, just wondering what calc this is for specifically?

Also if the requirement is to display it on screen or do you 100% need to token in the string?

Without knowing which platform and if you only need to display it on screen:

Output(1,1,"√("
Output(1,2," "

And it will only show the √ by itself on the screen - you cant copy this to a string however since it is just graphical. Other display commands should work the same way.
SM84CE wrote:
Kerm may have an ASM program in the archives to do that, also, what calc?
there is one for the 84+ CE, but idk about the others...

TI 84+ (silver edition, not that it matters)
There is a token for just the square root symbol. In sourcecoder, writing "squareroot" will be converted to that token. Kerm has a program that you can use to store some hard to reach tokens to a string for use in your programs (including the squareroot token). Here is a link to that.
Alternatively you can find the symbol in this program: http://tr1p1ea.net/files/downloads/SQRTSYM.8xp

You can then recall it into your program by pressing 2nd+Sto, then going to EXEC and selecting the program. Delete the output stuff and you will have the symbol on its own.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours