ENT Newsline wrote:
Despite calls by some beta testers for Microsoft to release a third
beta of Windows Vista, the company appears to be instead readying to
push its first golden code candidate out the door.

Read more:
http://entmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=7689

Does this mean that they will make a Jan release.

Btw, earlier, Gates said an 80% chance they would make the Jan release.[/quote]
I wouldnt be surprised...

Speaking of the beta, does anyone know where I can pick up an unmodified AMD64 compatible copy?
I think the reson Beta 2 is closed is that their was a build released between Beta 2 and now.
Oh really? I must have missed that, or they kept it fairly quiet.
private build.
Guys, kindly avoid talk of illegal stuff please.
especially with M$ stuff, I techinacally have to report all illegal usage of M$ software.
Do you really now. Due to your MCP status, I assume? Well, keep it clean then guys, 'cause The Man is here. Laughing
yeah, that is why, but I won't do you guys if you keep it to a minimum (not liek I know where you are anyways).
How does that whole MCP thing work, anyway? What do you have to do to become an MCP?
WTF? Who deleted my post? I was not the one asking for the beta, nor did I provide information to get it! Hell, I even warned that what was beinga sked for was illegal! Whoever did delete my post didn't even delete/edit the post that would be considered asking for something illegal! EDIT out the part that is a violation, you don't delete the entire thing! My post also contained information about the Vista builds, yet you still deleted my post? My posts violated NO rules and should NOT have been deleted!

This is seriously admin abuse, and it is total bullshit
study hard (and I mean HARD), and then take a test ($125 dollars for it), pass it, and that is it. There are a number of things you can test for (XP Pro would probably be best). I have certifications in 2K Pro and Server. Two more tests, and I become an MCSA, and 3 more after that and MCSE.
rivereye wrote:
study hard (and I mean HARD), and then take a test ($125 dollars for it), pass it, and that is it. There are a number of things you can test for (XP Pro would probably be best). I have certifications in 2K Pro and Server. Two more tests, and I become an MCSA, and 3 more after that and MCSE.

What do you get if you pass it (besides becoming one of them).
certificate, card, status, access to the MCP member site, all kinds of free newsletters, pin, and other special offers. There are a bunch of things I get a reduced price from sites.
rivereye wrote:
certificate, card, status, access to the MCP member site, all kinds of free newsletters, pin, and other special offers. There are a bunch of things I get a reduced price from sites.

cool =D
it was one of them newsletters that started this topic.
Kllrnohj wrote:
WTF? Who deleted my post? I was not the one asking for the beta, nor did I provide information to get it! Hell, I even warned that what was beinga sked for was illegal! Whoever did delete my post didn't even delete/edit the post that would be considered asking for something illegal! EDIT out the part that is a violation, you don't delete the entire thing! My post also contained information about the Vista builds, yet you still deleted my post? My posts violated NO rules and should NOT have been deleted!

This is seriously admin abuse, and it is total bullshit
Erm, don't think that was me... I definitely left your post. The gist of it was that the beta had been closed, and mentioned that it would be illegal to ask someone to give it to you.
true, I didn't delete is either.
rivereye wrote:
true, I didn't delete is either.
Ah well, it happens. I know we all know your views on deletions and lockings, so I'm sure it was unintentional, whoever did it.
Don't you have logs? We could look it up...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours