Excellent plan. I really need to get myself a Dremel one of these days - how much do they usually run, roughly?
Well, I would try going to home depo.com or maby Google...

In other words, I don't know. :)
KermMartian wrote:
Excellent plan. I really need to get myself a Dremel one of these days - how much do they usually run, roughly?

I spent $80 for mine, and it came with over 200 attachments... everything from sanding to carving...

A base unit these days runs at about $30 or 40... not terribly much..
KermMartian wrote:

You could heat up a steak knife instead of one. Smile
Quote:
You could heat up a steak knife instead of one.

But will it cut through metal?
Get some hedge trimmers.
I've found that though hedge trimmers may be a good choice for shearing metal, they are less than optimal for sanding or drilling wood, or precision-trimming calculator cases. Very Happy
Indeed... you could always try something like... Circular saws... though a dremel would be best Razz
How about one of these Laughing

http://www.dansworkshop.com/Homebuilt%20arc%20welder.shtml
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Heh, that's actually pretty cool, not that I'd ever need one for anything...
that could be a fun project, but I already have two welders lying around (we just have to convert one to do aluminum now though).
this sounds like a cool project, though due to lack of tools and experiance i willl stick with the external hub

EDIT: i really like the pics
gscm wrote:

EDIT: i really like the pics

Well Thanks. Smile
your welcome netham45
Totally wicked idea: get a USB port and connect it to the link port contacts. USB on an 83+! Of course, it would need some seriously hacked drivers...
Pre-submit edit: Sad After looking at wikiti, that's way too much work, but it sure would be cool.
Or you could use a silverlink Razz
I have a silverlink, and that's not the point. The point is being able to use all those cool USB peripherals
Yeah; Kerm and I had that same idea; but then again you have to remember that even if you could get a USB host interface into your calc, it still would have an insane amount of lagging.
As ult dev said, not only would it take about 2 or 3 app pages and thousands of hours, it would be insanely slow through the linkport.
I would say the best idea would to use a silverlink and use a female-female converter to use it. Though, as people have said, it would take about a year.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours