I want to make a Calculator program (TI-84 Silver Edition [Monochrome]) to solve a certain type of sequences. I don't know what these sequences are called but I will post a couple of examples below. Reply if you are willing to help. Thanks in advance.

~Jason

If a₁=1, a₂=3, a₃=-5 and aₙ=aₙ₋₁+aₙ₋₃-aₙ₋₂, where n≥4, then a₆ equals:
If a₁=-2, a₂=-1, a₃=-0 and aₙ=[(aₙ₋₃)-(aₙ₋₁)] * (aₙ₋₂), where n≥4, then a₆ equals:

Edit: Let me know if my request is unreasonable and if this is way to hard to do.
Also let me know if this is the wrong place.
For recurrence relations, under [MODE] you'll find: FUNC PAR POL SEQ. The last one readies the ordinary [Y=] screen for sequence graphing, but this only accepts up to two initial values, so it won't meet the demands of the expression given in your example.

What you can do is manually set {1,3,-5→L₁ and 3→N and go from there.

Increment the index: N+1→N

Evaluate and store the next element: L₁(N-1)+L₁(N-3)-L₁(N-2→L₁(N

etc.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours