So tried running the game multiple times on my calculator, on CEmu with my ROM image, and again on CEmu with another image from the internet, but I still couldn't get it to work cause it kept crashing. I sent appvar0_PKMN.8xv, appvar1_PKMN.8xv, clibs.8xg, and PKMN.8xp to my calc, and I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. Any idea why it might not be working?

P.S. - Those new features sound great! Keep it up Good Idea!
Argus wrote:
So tried running the game multiple times on my calculator, on CEmu with my ROM image, and again on CEmu with another image from the internet, but I still couldn't get it to work cause it kept crashing. I sent appvar0_PKMN.8xv, appvar1_PKMN.8xv, clibs.8xg, and PKMN.8xp to my calc, and I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. Any idea why it might not be working?

P.S. - Those new features sound great! Keep it up Good Idea!

There are a lot more files that are required to run the game. I just updated the project so they are all in the download folder. If you copy everything in there to your calculator it should work.
Thanks, it worked this time!
Hello there! Your game is very impressive, and I love it, but I'm using a ti-84 plus ce and it keeps on freezing and requiring me to restart my calculator, or there's a sprite that is blank and then crashes my game. I cannot enter the Zubat Cave, which I don't know if it is intended or not.
If you could find out why my game is crashing, I would really appreciate it! Otherwise, great job on the coding and best of luck!
ks wrote:
Hello there! Your game is very impressive, and I love it, but I'm using a ti-84 plus ce and it keeps on freezing and requiring me to restart my calculator, or there's a sprite that is blank and then crashes my game. I cannot enter the Zubat Cave, which I don't know if it is intended or not.
If you could find out why my game is crashing, I would really appreciate it! Otherwise, great job on the coding and best of luck!

The Zubat Cave is not working yet. I just updated the game. I think I fixed all of the crashes, but tell me if you notice any more.
So those weren't there on purpose... Blink I thought those were only crashing cause I had walked off the edge of the map.
I feel dumb now...
I finished the first gym, as well as a lot of bug fixes.

I am bad at naming things, so I am currently taking most of the names of people and locations from firered and leafgreen. The layout and order of cities is different though.

Also, the video at the start of the thread is very outdated so here are some gifs:

Oh! Shocked Those are amazing! Are they already in the downloads folder, or just in developmental stages?
Argus wrote:
Oh! Shocked Those are amazing! Are they already in the downloads folder, or just in developmental stages?

They are in the download folder.
Are you sure? I tried playing, and none of those gifs or screenshots seem to show up anywhere in the game, and it still crashes in the same places. Sorry if I sound rude, I don't mean to be.
Argus wrote:
Are you sure? I tried playing, and none of those gifs or screenshots seem to show up anywhere in the game, and it still crashes in the same places. Sorry if I sound rude, I don't mean to be.

Sorry. I somehow completely forgot how github works, and the updates were only on my computer. It should be working now.
KellerWheat wrote:
ks wrote:

The Zubat Cave is not working yet. I just updated the game. I think I fixed all of the crashes, but tell me if you notice any more.

This is the best game! Even more addicting than the actual one! (Mainly because you can sneak in a few games during math class lol) But you, as the creator, is very active and friendly and interactive, best of luck on this! The new update is fantastic. The only thing I would like to point out is that is there anyway to reset a save slot? Because if you use both of them, then if you can't start over unless you replace the program. Keep it up! You deserve a lot more love and attention!
ks wrote:
This is the best game! Even more addicting than the actual one! (Mainly because you can sneak in a few games during math class 0x5) But you, as the creator, is very active and friendly and interactive, best of luck on this! The new update is fantastic. The only thing I would like to point out is that is there anyway to reset a save slot? Because if you use both of them, then if you can't start over unless you replace the program. Keep it up! You deserve a lot more love and attention!

Thank you for the support. Currently the only way to delete saves is to delete the appvars where save data is stored, called "PKMNSV1" and "PKMNSV2", but I am going to add an easier method soon.
This is the best game ever, great job. Very Happy
How ever I noticed that the box system is messed up and that vulpix evolves into sandslash.
And when are you going to fix "zubat cave".
Justin wrote:
This is the best game ever, great job. Very Happy
How ever I noticed that the box system is messed up and that vulpix evolves into sandslash.
And when are you going to fix "zubat cave".

He said Zubat Cave is coming out soon. I dont know about the vulpix evolving into sandslash. And I'm curious how many pokemon there are.
The data and sprites for all 151 pokemon from gen 1 are in the game, but most are not accessible. Making the zubat cave is the next thing I want to work on. It will take a while because I need to create a cave tileset. The vulpix evolution will be fixed next time I update the game.
Great!!! Very Happy Good Idea

...so when is the next update?
I finished the Zubat Cave, along with Celadon City (I might add the rocket game corner at some point, but I do not consider that a priority right now) and a second gym.

(The walls are invisible, it is not just an empty room)
This project continues to come along very nicely! The Koga gym, nice!
Ooh, it is coming along very well! I'm gonna check out the new update now, and maybe do a bit more bug hunting along the way. Keep up the awesome work!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours