So I was wanting to use the ScaledSprite(PTR_IN, PTR_OUT) function in an ice program. I defined a sprite, but then instead of declaring a blank sprite, I just made one manually (allocated sprite area in bytes plus 2) because I forgot to do it the other way. It didn't work this way, but when I corrected myself later and used a blank DefineSprite, it did work. I am just wondering, what is the difference between what I did, and what DefineSprite does?

*what I did*

Code:

DefineSprite(4,4,"...data...")->A
Alloc(66)->B
8->*{B}
8->*{B+1}
ScaleSprite(A,B)
det(0)
det(57,A,0,0)
det(57,B,160,0)
det(1)

the second one doesn't display
You either need to fix the code yourself or provide more code, as it works properly with my randomly-made sprite + 2x enlarged:

It's just a copy-paste from CEmu's memory visualizer, I'm sorry for the grey edges
Here is a programm named “A“

Code:
iB
DefineSprite(4,4,“... Data...“)→A
DefineSprite(8,8)→B
det(82,A,B)

det(0)
i normal sprite
det(57,A,5,5)

i scaled sprite clip
det(57,50,50)

i scaled sprite noclip
det(62,A,80,80,2,2)

Pause
det(1)

Maybe this can help you Smile
For what you need to do, you should be able to just define A and run the det(62) line to display the second sprite. Try like this?
Code:
iB
det(0)

i normal sprite
det(57,A,5,5)

i scaled sprite noclip
det(62,A,80,80,2,2)

Pause
det(1)
For what you need to do, you should be able to just define A and run the det(62) line to display the second sprite. Try like this?
Code:
iB
det(0)

i normal sprite
det(57,A,5,5)

i scaled sprite noclip
det(62,A,80,80,2,2)

Pause
det(1)
Code:
iB
det(0)

i normal sprite
det(57,A,5,5)

i scaled sprite noclip
det(62,A,80,80,2,2)

Pause
det(1)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours