To all you MX4000 people, I refer you to the minimum specs

Quote:
64 MB GeForce™ 4 Ti or Radeon® 9000 video card

The Geforce4 MX < Geforce 4 Ti Razz So harq, the only way to "fix" that would be to buy a new video card Razz (you can pick up radeon 9800's for cheap now, should be adequate)

@Chip, I'm up for a game anytime - you got XFire?
Yes I do. My username is "disturbinglycool". First I'm going to have to try out the game to make sure that it works right, and get the hang of it before I play you. I'm thinking I can play tomorrow night, after the yankees/red sox game (starts at 8PM) or Monday night.

I have to warn you, I'm pretty good at FPSs. I play around 15 hours of COD2, Quake 4, and Half-Life 2 a week (that's 15 hrs combined, not each Laughing ). But we will see what happens...what with your amazing computer rig Cool
Kllrnohj wrote:
To all you MX4000 people, I refer you to the minimum specs

Quote:
64 MB GeForce™ 4 Ti or Radeon® 9000 video card

The Geforce4 MX < Geforce 4 Ti Razz So harq, the only way to "fix" that would be to buy a new video card Razz (you can pick up radeon 9800's for cheap now, should be adequate)

@Chip, I'm up for a game anytime - you got XFire?

yeah, but my machine seems like it doesn't like 3D on my AGP slot.
I sent you a add-to-list request (or whatever they call it) - I have to admit, I too am also good at FPSes. I play COD2 (haven't tried it only yet, though), Half-life 2 (deathmatch and CTF), CSS (usually just w/ friends on LAN tho), GRAW (just got it, pretty fun - co-op rules). I've been playing em for a looong time. Hopefully you finally provide me with some challenge Very Happy
Mmmm... tasty games...
Pity I'll need to wait for an RMA on my gfx card to go through before I can play... And my download hasn't finished yet, but it should finish tonight.
Kllrnohj and I played. It's a really cool game. I got owned in the first game, but gradually improved. You guys should really get it!
I'll have to wait for a better computer, thanks. ^_^
bah, you can totally play it on your tablet Razz (only one way to found out, anyway - just download it and find out Mr. I-got-triple-T3-lines Razz)
I can play it, on 480x640, with the options turned off, at about 30fps.
*640x480 Evil or Very Mad but yeah, you would have to play at pretty pitiful specs.... It'll still look alot better than BL Razz
I was trying to post some specs for a new PC I want to build at the end of the school year, but it won't let me!
Kllrnohj wrote:
*640x480 Evil or Very Mad but yeah, you would have to play at pretty pitiful specs.... It'll still look alot better than BL Razz
Sorry, I meant 640 by 480. And I tried the demo, so I know it looks good.
OK I condensed the list, maybe it will let me post it now...

Here is the general gist:

ASUS Crosshair slot am2 motherboard

nzxt lexa case

some cd/dvd burner

An aqua star liquid cooling system

250 gb hd

Patriot 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Unbuffered (1 ghz ram, Wink )

a 17 inch lcd

520 watt power supply

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Windsor 2000MHz HT Socket AM2 Dual Core (isn't this a mistake? 2 ghz instead of 1 ghz like the others, the 5000 has 1 ghz but 2.6 or such speed)

eVGA 256-P2-N584-AR Geforce 7900GT KO 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Which is better, 1 gb of ram at 1ghz or 2 gb of ram at 400 mhz?

P.S. This all comes out to around $1700 at newegg
Post links to all of this - just saying 17 in monitor is like saying "i'm looking at a new car - is it good?" without giving ANY indication as to what it is (ditto for basically every other component you list)

As for the RAM, there are other considerations than just 1gb @ 1ghz vs. 2gb @ 400mhz, such as timings and type. I can tell you right now that the 400mhz RAM is DDR and the 1ghz RAM is DDR2. DDR =/= DDR2 and they are in no way compatible with each other whatsoever. (AM2 needs DDR2, Socket 939 needs DDR)
Which is why I got ddr2, but on another point, I was posting everything about them, but it would not let me, I think it was too big
Which is why I said post LINKS to all this Rolling Eyes But make a new thread - don't thread crap on my thread!

THIS IS ABOUT FEAR COMBAT! NOT YOUR STUPID COMPUTER WISHLIST!
Kllrnohj wrote:
Which is why I said post LINKS to all this Rolling Eyes But make a new thread - don't thread crap on my thread!

THIS IS ABOUT FEAR COMBAT! NOT YOUR STUPID COMPUTER WISHLIST!

Ok, I will just post the links in another thread...
Yay, I should be able to play it in 4 or 5 days!
I filed the RMA request for my vid card today, and I need to send in the order for my new one (I'm getting a refund for a better one, and this one's faulty, anyway), which is a X1600 pro instead of my current X1300.
Cool, I can't wait to play you. Kllrnohj and I had some pretty good times. Speaking of which, I've been practicing. Smile Ready for a rematch?
Chipmaster wrote:
Cool, I can't wait to play you. Kllrnohj and I had some pretty good times. Speaking of which, I've been practicing. Smile Ready for a rematch?

Always Wink I'll be on tonight, looking for a game, just hit me up on XFire.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours