Hello!

I just finished a collaboration with a very good friend of mine. She and I produced a three song album. Below are the links to the album on SoundCloud and the promo video we made.

https://soundcloud.com/user-385492180/sets/ad-infinitum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgc0hT4cR0g

Enjoy! Very Happy
What platform do you make music on?
epsilon5 wrote:
What platform do you make music on?

I use a Macintosh with Ableton Live. I used the plugins Nabla and MPS from Full Bucket Software as well as my Arturia MicroBrute on these songs. Smile

Edit: For the drums I used the stock 707 kit in Ableton
Nice, thanks.
epsilon5 wrote:
Nice, thanks.

No problem! I also just got the Arturia Keylab Essential 49, which comes with their Analog Lab software. I am looking forward to seeing what I can do with that. Very Happy
Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Keep it up!
epsilon5 wrote:
Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Keep it up!

Thanks! I’m working on some new stuff done exclusively with that software that came bundled with my controller Very Happy
You posted this on my personal discord, here's my response, gently edited so it is more coherent.

A few things, but overall very good.

1) Your vocals don't rhythmically line up with the melody in the track "Fantasy"
1a) Your vocalist is very obviously reaching for notes below her natural voice and it kinda feels unnatural. Changing the key so it's even just a minor third up would really help. It feels kinda slurred- you might want to invest a little money into a better mic/setup if you plan to do this more often.
1b) Part of this is that she is not all that in-tune. I recommend using a tuner while recording and/or using some form of autotune if you need it.
2) It's a good idea to use notes outside of the minor pentatonic scale- look into using the natural 7th (for example) to create interest.
2a) Chord changes would /really/ help with this in Call Me on My Radio (side note, with a bit of hardware hacking this is totally something you can do, lots of fun), among others.
3) The intro to tempest is pretty cool, but your drum break is particularly uninspired. Look into stretching beyond just the normal beat so it feels more like a solo and less "stop grinding this darn drum beat into my head"
3a) While we are on the topic of uninspired things, the hi-hat there really doesn't fit.
Ok, thank you! I'll be sure to take this advice in the future. Very Happy
I agree with iPhoenix, but I will add on. The instrumental/synthesized parts were pretty good, and I liked how you used a lot of range in the music to make it more interesting. The intros were also pretty cool.

But, I also think you should work on the vocal part more. When I write a song with vocals, I usually write the vocal words and melody first, then I add the instrumental parts.

Otherwise, it was really good.

Let me know what you think about my feedback.
dunlavdy wrote:
I agree with iPhoenix, but I will add on. The instrumental/synthesized parts were pretty good, and I liked how you used a lot of range in the music to make it more interesting. The intros were also pretty cool.

But, I also think you should work on the vocal part more. When I write a song with vocals, I usually write the vocal words and melody first, then I add the instrumental parts.

Otherwise, it was really good.

Let me know what you think about my feedback.

Ok, thank you for your advice! Very Happy

Your feedback is good, I'm always looking to see what I can improve with my music. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours