MateoConLechuga wrote:
IceWorks wrote:
According to evelution there is no right or wrong because there is no abolute good

Correct. But I don't base my morals on "evolution", I base them on the concepts of empathy and sympathy. Humans are a social species and have gotten this far because of group support and teamwork.

Where do you get those concepts of empathy and sympathy?

ProgrammerBobSmith wrote:
He was momentarily rejected by God as he has taken all the weight of our sins.

What does that mean? Since Jesus is God, he was rejected by himself?[/quote]

No I'll give you an analogy. Jesus is your arm, and God is your body. The arm was momentarily chopped off because God cannot bear sin in his presence. However, since a perfect person (Jesus) death was the only thing that could pay the price of your sin; then God allowed Jesus to come back into his presence and His oneness.

From the same place you do.

No I'll give you an analogy.

Analogies aren't evidence for anything, and just make things harder to understand. Is God Jesus or not?
MateoConLechuga wrote:

From the same place you do.

I get mine from God, so you're saying you affirm that God exists.
So with christians. when one encounters the Holy Spirit. One feels him, hears him, sees his changing of you, people say they know him and you know him. We hear him speak through the bible. We see him change peoples lives. So why don't we believe in Him...
I get mine from God, so you're saying you affirm that God exists.

So without God you would have no morals? Good to know. Maybe you should stay religious.
good that helps you alot and that is my point No God = No ultimate morals)
First, God is Jesus.

Second, without God no one would have morals, that includes you Mateo.
First, God is Jesus.

Then what about all the Buddhists in the world.
First, God is Jesus.

Sorry to correct you BobSmith but he would have morals. Not perfect ones but bad ones because no one is perfect except for God
MateoConLechuga wrote:
First, God is Jesus.

They get all their morals from the true God because the universe and mankind was made by God.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
First, God is Jesus.

They get all their morals from the true God because the universe and mankind was made by God.

But they also don't believe in God, and they don't believe what you are saying. Are they going to Hell?
What about the buddhists. They have to struggle there whole lives for there goods to outweigh there bads.
IceWorks wrote:
First, God is Jesus.

Sorry to correct you BobSmith but he would have morals. Not perfect ones but bad ones because no one is perfect except for God

All man is inherently evil, so man wouldn't have any compass for right or wrong; but it's all right. Minor detail, let's focus on the major argument.
Sorry a little late with the last post. The buddhist will go to hell if they don't believe that jesus came to save them. Did you want me to lie and say no
MateoConLechuga wrote:

But they also don't believe in God, and they don't believe what you are saying. Are they going to Hell?

If they don't believe in God, God will send them to Hell not me or you. I have no power over the universe.
MateoConLechuga wrote:

If they don't believe in God, God will send them to Hell not me or you. I have no power over the universe.

I don't think a moral or loving God would create a place of infinite and endless torture for no other purpose than to watch people get tortured.
Torture is a strong word. Have read (duh Duh DUH) The third book "Case for Faith" by Lee stobel
IceWorks wrote:
Torture is a strong word. Have read (duh Duh DUH) The third book "Case for Faith" by Lee stobel

Fine, "seperation from God"
That is the exact statement he said in the book (almost)
IceWorks wrote:
That is the exact statement he said in the book

It's almost like I've read it.

Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours