MateoConLechuga wrote:

I don't think a moral or loving God would create a place of infinite and endless torture for no other purpose than to watch people get tortured.

If only you read Genesis 1, Mateo. God created this world perfectly, man decided to disobey God and thus destroyed this world. It's our fault not God's; what's more God cared about us so much that he decided to sacrifice himself on the cross to pay for our sin-debt.
But you ahve read case for christ?
let me get the book and i will try to explain it
ProgrammerBobSmith wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

I don't think a moral or loving God would create a place of infinite and endless torture for no other purpose than to watch people get tortured.

If only you read Genesis 1, Mateo. God created this world perfectly, man decided to disobey God and thus destroyed this world. It's our fault not God's; what's more God cared about us so much that he decided to sacrifice himself on the cross to pay for our sin-debt.

He's God, why didn't he just forgive us? Why all the killing of Jesus and his Son?

The actual reason is because sins used to be forgiven through an animal sacrifice. This is why Jesus is reffered to as the "Lamb of God" - he is a stand-in for the previous blood/animal sacrifice from earlier times. It was done just to resolve some Biblical issues.
I'm finally just going to lock this thread and any future topic about Religion. Please do not take this to SAX, IRC, Discord, or Matterbridge. This ends here.

It's cool if y'all want to talk about off topic things but for some reason these sort of topics always lead to someone getting aggressively defensive or offensive about what we individually believe. We are not here to defend our beliefs or convert someone to or from a religion - or lack thereof - or political ideologies.

Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours