I have a TI-84 plus ce. My friend and I were programming some stuff at school and I noticed some functions were missing:
CENTER
eval(
get(
invBinom(
LEFT
piecewise(
RIGHT
Send(
SED(n) Type
SED(n+1) Type
SED(n+2) Type
toString(
Wait

Is there any way my calculator can get these?
Those are all new tokens that were added in the last few OS updates, just update your OS, but DO NOT update it past 5.3.0 because then the ASM tokens will be "disabled" and the calc won't let you downgrade lower than 5.3.1. Don't just get the latest OS from TI, get 5.3.0 from tiplanet instead. They host a copy of every version of every OS they can get their hands on. It is the last OS released before TI decided they wanted to chop off some limbs.
mr womp womp wrote:
Those are all new tokens that were added in the last few OS updates, just update your OS, but DO NOT update it past 5.3.0 because then the ASM tokens will be "disabled" and the calc won't let you downgrade lower than 5.3.1. Don't just get the latest OS from TI, get 5.3.0 from tiplanet instead. They host a copy of every version of every OS they can get their hands on. It is the last OS released before TI decided they wanted to chop off some limbs.

Do I update it from the ti connect ce program?
Yep, you should be able to drag'n'drop the OS file to your calculator. Make sure you have important files that are in RAM backed up, though, as it will clear your RAM.
Jeffitus wrote:
Yep, you should be able to drag'n'drop the OS file to your calculator. Make sure you have important files that are in RAM backed up, though, as it will clear your RAM.

Thanks, when do you think the next safe version to update to will be released?
If you're referring to the next official TI OS with the AsmPrgm84CE token unblocked, then (probably) never. The version mr womp womp linked is "safe," though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours