This is a 2-D Minecraft clone I produced in my free time in high school. I have since moved on to other projects, so I decided to release it to the community. Feel free to modify, reuse, and distribute this program or any of its parts, and I welcome any optimizations and expansions. Sorry for any badly-written code; I was (and am still) just learning... Razz

Although this is the 3.0 release, the earlier versions (for the monochrome calculators) have been lost because I did not have any effective backup methods at the time and these editions were programmed on school-issued calcs that have since been wiped and returned.

Here are the download links: Googe Drive, Cemetech Archives

EDIT: This program is specifically designed for the TI-84+CE; It should work (slowly) on the CSE and will not work without modification on the monochrome calcs.

Screenshots:
It looks pretty cool! I just threw it on a CSE in wabbitemu on my phone to test it out real quick, and it's not as slow as some other things I've seen run on a CSE, haha
Pieman7373 wrote:
It looks pretty cool! I just threw it on a CSE in wabbitemu on my phone to test it out real quick, and it's not as slow as some other things I've seen run on a CSE, haha

Thanks! I was surprised to get such a quick reply.
I also tried to keep the graphics as simple as possible because I knew how slow BASIC would get without bitmap/sprite support or double buffering.
This is now my first project to reach the Cemetech Archives!
WELL DONE!

It's fantastic to see you finish this project and get it uploaded Smile.
The project has been finished for a few years; I just didn't have a Cemetech account at the time. I tried uploading it to the archives when I first created this thread, but I didn't think to include a ReadMe file (the controls are explained in the program as well) and overlooked that part of the upload instructions. Since the information is available in both places, I decided to make the ReaMe more detailed than the in-game option.
I just tried this game out, and I gotta say it's actually pretty cool. Love the block textures!

My only two complaints are:
1. I have a CE, but it still runs pretty slow. I might look into your code, but it seems like you could probably render the blocks a bit faster, and also the character seems like it should be able to move faster.

2. The character should be 2 blocks tall not 1 Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours