I don't know if I'll be able to finish a project this time, but I might as well try.

I'm thinking of a Hitman-like game (like probably everyone else), in which you must steal an item and escape without being seen by AI's. I have some ideas written down already, and I'll start programming later on.
The program will be for the TI-84 Plus CE, written in C.

In order to make things a little easier for myself, I want to use some of the routines and structures from my previous contest entry, Sketch Maze. I hope this is allowed, since I don't feel like re-inventing solution to common problems. Razz

As I said, I don't know if I can finish this; school is starting tomorrow, so I won't be getting any vacation in the next month... I didn't even think I'd enter a contest again, but I got some nice ideas when reading the CC23 thread, so I'll get to work.

Keep you updated!
I've now got a grid and some entities...

The red circle is controlled by the player, the green circle is an AI, an enemy, to be exact. The player can move one space, run two spaces or turn around. With every action the player takes, all the enemies also move, following an individual script.
Currently, the mechanism is simple, but it's only a day of work. I plan on adding a lot of other things, which you should see showing up later this month.

To elaborate on my previous post about the game rules, my entry will indeed be turn-based. I did this for two reasons:
1. Turn-based systems allow for a more puzzle-like experience, where you can think before you act, and I like puzzles.
2. Real-time is hard to implement...

Looks great, I'm impressed by how quickly you managed to whip this up!
I've given it some thought, and I think I'm going to retire from this contest.

I have the feeling that this project is going to take more time from me than I want it to, and I could really use my time for other things right now. I also feel like my idea is a bit too ambitious for a 1-month deadline, so I think it's best for me to not commit to something that won't even be finished on time.
I might complete this project later, but I'm not going to work in a rush.

I wish the other participants good luck with their projects! Very Happy
Sorry to here that you left the contest, but I still wish you the best of luck getting the project done!
That's too bad, it seems like a cool program, I hope you continue to work on it!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours