Hello everyone! I'm back! I have to say I really missed cemetech, and I was out because I was caught up in school stuff.

I have an announcement: I am working on a new launcher in ICE, and soon it'll become a shell!
I will not be able to upload anything until I get my PC back, and I need to get a usb cable too.
However, I will post updates and sometimes pics of new features.
So far, it has these features:
- A working boot screen, without the apple logo.
- A appvar check system, so it will know the PIN code, and other settings
- The ability to create a 4-digit PIN code, which is required for first-time use.
- Lock screen immediately shows after boot.
- Work-in-progress Incorrect PIN animation. This might start out being the classic side-to-side number pad shake

Upcoming features:
- Complete lock screen and first time setup screens.
- Lock the calc/launcher for one minute if user inputted 6 incorrect PINs...classic, but I will not add the erase feature until later, if it even exists in ICE...
- Add a homescreen after Lock Screen, with icons.
- Add built-in apps like Settings, etc.

There's several downsides: WiFi, mobile data, bluetooth, and other connections cannot be added. The Camera app cannot be added either, and I do not know how to make a working calendar screen (like in general). Many of the features that make an iPhone an iPhone cannot be added Sad
No headphone jack, no download.

I'm kidding of course. Razz
That sounds like a really cool idea, the big challenge I see as far as GUI goes is matching the clean looks and fluid animations that, admittedly, Apple is pretty good at. If you can nail down some sort of high quality animations then I would definitely consider using this! I hope you can get your PC back soon since I understand it's, at best, not easy programming a shell only on-calc.

P.S. I hope you don't mind if I try to jailbreak it. Laughing
TheLastMillennial wrote:

That sounds like a really cool idea, the big challenge I see as far as GUI goes is matching the clean looks and fluid animations that, admittedly, Apple is pretty good at. If you can nail down some sort of high quality animations then I would definitely consider using this! I hope you can get your PC back soon since I understand it's, at best, not easy programming a shell only on-calc.

P.S. I hope you don't mind if I try to jailbreak it. 0x5

Haha! I might end up adding an easter egg or something where you CAN jailbreak the launcher/shell, but it might not affect the calculator.
So far, I only have the Incorrect PIN animation, but I haven't tested it. Besides, I forgot to mention that I didn't add the numbers displayed on-screen yet, but the keypad works, and I have a halfway unique 4-digit PIN system.
I mean, it would be fairly easy to jailbreak even without a change on your part, since you could always go back to TI-OS and edit the program to behave differently.
Update on my progress...
As of now, I'm glad to say I have successfully completed one smooth animation, the keypad shake if a pin is incorrect.
I worked out some bugs, and now I need to add a welcome page for the first time use.
I've changed my plans for the iOS 13 shell to an iOS 12 shell for now, as I have an iPod 6 with iOS 12.4 to compare the graphics. This way, I can make the graphics almost, if not, exact to the actual iOS 12 graphics. I am also reworking the boot screen to match the actual boot too. The lock screen isn't exact, but I will probably keep it like it is until later updates are made.
TheLastMillennial wrote:

P.S. I hope you don't mind if I try to jailbreak it. 0x5

DARE: Add in a headphone jack Razz
***SM84CE hides

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours