What happens on an 83+ if it runs a program using the 84's clock function, but never has to access it. My sister left for college and I can't use her 83+ anymore... Anyway, would this work on an 83+?

Code:
:Disp "Press 1 for 83+ or 2 for 84+
:Input A
:If A=2
:some 84 function
:
:"rest of code
:
It will error, since the command will either be a bunch of ????s, random junk, or actually be there, but will give an error (probably syntax).
Alright, I guess I'll just make 2 versions. Thanks, TIFreak.
that is very interesting, I would imagine it would cause some problems (or maybe that is whay OS 1.19 fixed, to take some of those errors away),
The tokens that the TI-84 uses for time commands have no value on an 83+. Most link software will prevent such programs from being sent.
Ah, that makes sense.
foamy3 wrote:
Ah, that makes sense.
Smile Glad to hear it. And yes, two different versions would indeed be your solution. Unless you wrote an ASM lib to do the detection for you...
KermMartian wrote:
The tokens that the TI-84 uses for time commands have no value on an 83+. Most link software will prevent such programs from being sent.

Uh, I thought that they would look at it being a .8xp and make sure the calc is sending to would be the correct calc? I guess I could be wrong on that, as it wouldn't be the first time...
KermMartian wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Ah, that makes sense.
Smile Glad to hear it. And yes, two different versions would indeed be your solution. Unless you wrote an ASM lib to do the detection for you...

Wouldn't I still need 2 versions? I still couldn't have the tokens in the program.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours