something1990 wrote:
b-flat wrote:
...and I teach myself Precalc (really, really easy, as was Algebra II).
That's what I did, except it's not official so it's not recognized by the school. I'm stuck in trigonometry. Unless I can convince the calculus teacher to let me in and inside information tells me he is open to the idea.

most schools give you the option of testing out.....heck....calculus so far is fracking easy. I had to score at least an 80 on both exams for Integrated 3 to skip it last year....
My teachers finally stopped striking! I go back for the 4th day of school Monday.
Very Happy Wow. So how many days of school did you miss, total? Did they talk about when they are going to make it up yet?
I don't know how many total. I haven't heard much talk about school on Saturdays yet, but there won't be any holiday breaks. There is a law that teachers can only strike for a certain number of days. No contract was settled on, and they still have 4 days left. I heard they might strike over christmas, just to be nice. Neutral
What do you mean by no holidays, then? No Columbus day off, etc?
foamy3 wrote:
My teachers finally stopped striking! I go back for the 4<sup>th</sup> day of school Monday.

where you from? we had a teacher strike north of me last year
Laughing How long has this strike lasted for? A month?
Yeah, it's been about a month. By no holidays I mean we'll probably have christmas day off, but not the 26th.
@elf: Western PA
Err, that probably won't happen because no one will stick around for that...
Okay, I have full access to the school's website. Free hosting, anyone? Razz Wink
foamy3 wrote:
Okay, I have full access to the school's website. Free hosting, anyone? Razz Wink

Shock How...?
Harq wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

Shock How...?

Computer Science 3 (the highest compsci course in out school) is in charge of maintaining the school website (8 of us in total. I don't have direct access to the server, but whatever is saved in W:/Readytogo/ gets uploaded twice a week.
hmm, cool. Interesting way of doing things, also though, a pain that you have to wait to see if stuff gets put up there.
rivereye wrote:
hmm, cool. Interesting way of doing things, also though, a pain that you have to wait to see if stuff gets put up there.

My comp sci teacher said they usually upload daily. It's probably just slow now because we just got back from strike.
That seems like a pretty bad plan to me - what if something in readytogo isn't ready? Oh wait.... Well, still, there might be a major flaw that you don't find until 5 minutes after upload, and you have to wait 23 hours and 55 minutes to repair it.
They upload after school, and we can only work on it during school. All we really have to do is add sports scores after each game and change the lunch menu once a month. If we have to add a new page, we finish it before it goes into /readytogo. Once it is there, we check it offline through IE to make sure it works. Plus, comp sci is right before lunch, so we can stay a little late if we mess something up.
Fair enough. There's no live PHP, database, etc stuff? It's all static pages?
KermMartian wrote:
Fair enough. There's no live PHP, database, etc stuff? It's all static pages?

Nope, fanciest thing there is a stolen javascript menu.
http://mcasd.net/
I've seen worse, but aesthetically it wouldn't win any ZOMG-prizes. Nice job on that menu though. (wow, that's sad, I just actually winked as it passed through my mind to add a wink smilie). Wink
Yeah, it's mostly dreamweavered, though. Only me and two other people in the class know html.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours