Do you think it's possible? Should I attempt to make it?
Yes, its possible, but you shouldn't make it.
 11%  [ 1 ]
No, it's not possible, and you shouldn't make it.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, it's possible, and you should make it.
 88%  [ 8 ]
No, it's not possible, but you should still try to make it.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

okay so im a new user and i recently had a breakthrough with a program i made on my ti 84 plus ce

i don't want to discuss fully what it was, but i will explain one key concept that the program used- a matrix. using a 10 row by 26 column matrix based off of the max "output(" values, i was able to create a basic level data system

i need your opinion in the poll above
Sure, go for it. I assume this will be in TI-Basic?
epsilon5 wrote:

It's in the title, lol
Pieman7373 wrote:
epsilon5 wrote:

It's in the title, 0x5

I should have read that a little more carefully, I was focused on the actual question and that didn't really register for some reason. In an attempt to make a constructive comment, however, I think that the matrix thing should work pretty well (that's basically what I did for Ace Recon). The issue will be storing the level data.
twistedstriker1234 wrote:
okay so im a new user and i recently had a breakthrough with a program i made on my ti 84 plus ce

i don't want to discuss fully what it was, but i will explain one key concept that the program used- a matrix. using a 10 row by 26 column matrix based off of the max "output(" values, i was able to create a basic level data system

i need your opinion in the poll above

This sounds pretty cool. I once did something sort of similar. By using the 15 TI-Basic Color numbers [e.g. blue =1, red=2], I was able to create a matrix containing the color number which would represent each "tile" in the tilemap. Downside? Each "tile" was a solid color and each time the screen had to reload to move to a different part of the tilemap, it took too long to load, as it was written in TI-Basic.
I look forward to seeing your game and how you overcome TI-Basic's limitations in making a non-text based rpg!
wow! the results are overwhelming.
i was planning to begin after the poll closed but i think i should get started now!
thanks to everyone who gave feedback.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours