Zipper is a program to group variables of any kind into an appvar.
All variables it unpacks are archived once extracted.

I'm considering adding compression, but that's gonna have to wait until I can get that to work reliably.

Also I'm probably gonna make a tree of sorts, so that you can extract only the files you want from the appvar.
As well, I might make some entries link to other appvars, so that one could make a pseudo-filesystem out of it.

Version 1.2 will be archives pending momentarily.
So something like 7Zip's "store" mode, where it just packs up files w/ no compression? And basically like grouping on the CE? Any advantages (as of now in the current version) over the TI84+ CE grouping method?
SM84CE wrote:
So something like 7Zip's "store" mode, where it just packs up files w/ no compression? And basically like grouping on the CE? Any advantages (as of now in the current version) over the TI84+ CE grouping method?

You don't need to unarchive your vars in order to group them.
Also, I am planning to add some features which would put Zipper far ahead of TI's grouping utility.

Namely, archive updating.
For example, if you wanted to make a backup of progress on a specific program, all you'd need to do is open Zipper, and "update archive". And the files within the archive will be updated with the new contents.
So like 7-Zip? I like it! Call it 84-Zip, though Razz
Wow! This would be great for everyone worldwide!!!

I love what you’re planning, and the things this project will do is gonna be absolutely crazy!

I’m watching this project, and I’m excited for a release! Just take your time though, do what you need to do!

But I have a question, and you might have answered this, but what language is this in?
If it’s ICE, I want to help you if you’ll let me! I’m still trying to learn assembly, but I’m somewhat figuring it all out, or at least the conversion to hexadecimals part.

Either way, I love it!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours