Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.

^Made @ cooltext.com

Hello Cemetech Users and guests!!! Very Happy
I will be using this thread to attempt to create 8-Ball on the TI84PCE. for those who don't know what 8-Ball check out this Wiki Page

These are the things I want to have in the game:

• 2 player mode

• Player VS Bot

• Allow user to add mods to the game Very Happy

These are the things I need to implement:

• Learning how to implement Cue shotting

• Creating Shotting formulas

• Borders and Bouncing

What do I want to add later on?

• custom pool table and cue stick

• 9 Ball in game version

What I'm currently working on?

• GUI drawings Very Happy

• Sprites Smile
Itís going to be tough to figure out collisions for this project, so I would figure that out first. The rest, like bouncing off the edges and detecting pockets, should be really easy. Good luck!
The good thing is collisions between circular bodies is pretty straightforward. It would be neat to have this kind of game on the CE Smile.
epsilon5 wrote:
Itís going to be tough to figure out collisions for this project, so I would figure that out first. The rest, like bouncing off the edges and detecting pockets, should be really easy. Good luck!

I have not really started on the the code I am still working on the sprites edge collisions seem very easy I shoud just set restrictions of where the ball can go. Poscket detecting may be a bit challenging. Thank you Smile

tr1p1ea wrote:
The good thing is collisions between circular bodies is pretty straightforward. It would be neat to have this kind of game on the CE Smile.

For circular bodies I should be using the this formula A=πr2. I then need to find a way to make the ball bounce of each other which will be a bit complicated. I may just use linear equations for bounce off, I really don't know which way to combat this. There are many soulutions to doing this.

Update Smile

• I have finished the 8-balls sprites!! <[15x15] {View here}
    the are a total of 80 ball sprites also 15x15 each. so if each sprite is 15x15 that means one sprites takes up 225 bytes if you times that by the total amount of 8 ball sprites(80) it is eqaul to 18000 bytes.
    "hopeful saving it in appvars will help with size?"

• I also finished the table and Cue stick!! Smile <[32x64] <[3x32]

Just some I candy "If you want custom cue table"

Now I will be working on GUI and UI drawings!! Smile
epsilon5 wrote:

I recommend using vectors, one for x-axis force and one for y axis-force. Youíll want to calculate normal force for each axis (which should be pretty easy for wall interactions, but a bit more complex for ball to ball interactions). Of course youíll need to research the mass of an average ball for all of these calculations.
THe sprites look great, is that a Pikmin? Smile.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours