Hey all. I asked in the SAX chat but I don’t think anyone knew. Sad

But I was recently thinking... I often don’t have any access to a computer for things like writing code and programming my extensive collection of Arduinos. I wonder if there’s a way to do that from my calculator?

I started researching into MISO and MOSI. To program something like an Arduino from a TI calculator (monochrome), I just linked the I/O port to MOSI and SCLK. I wrote a simple program that just sent the code to blink an LED, and to my surprise it worked!

So now here I am, wondering if anyone has ever tried using a calculator to program an AVR before, or if they’ve only ever tried finding ways to link the two together (for things like CALCnet).

If not, please let me know if I should try doing this, and if you’d like to help!
There is ArTICL.
More information about ArTICL can be found here: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10809&start=0
tr1p1ea wrote:
More information about ArTICL can be found here: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10809&start=0

MateoConLechuga wrote:
There is ArTICL.

Hmm, thanks, but that’s not what I’m looking for. This isn’t just linking them. This is uploading code from one to the other.

As in programming the Arduino using the calculator.

Edit: You probably think I’m weird now, but I got autocorrected. I typed “hmm” and it changed to “mom”.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours