From what I've heard I don't believe it's an public beta, so I don't think they'll be giving out any Keys. I think you have to have been registered before in order for it to work, but I'm not too sure.

Edit: I just googled it up and found this link: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=676462&SiteID=17

It confirms that they won't be giving out any Keys
Argh. Looks like I'll have to find a key somewhere...
well then, that was useless to try and do.
Wait, so how am I supposed to try this out then? Sad
You won't be able to test this pre-Rc1 release unless you find a key, but the Rc1 release will be available to public. So if you want to test it you'll have to wait for the rc1 release
Oh c'mon now Microsoft, that's lame! Sad Why would they release 100,000 downloads but make them inoperable? Mad
very true, ah well, what can you do?
Laughing Do you have any idea how fast that's going to be deleted? Very Happy
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
0x5 Do you have any idea how fast that's going to be deleted? Very Happy
how fast what is going to be deleted. Cool Laughing
The iso, I believe.
Less than 4 minutes...Laughing
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Yes, I actually did have an idea. The real question is did I *CARE* about how fast it was going to get deleted. The answer to that, obviously, is NO Cool
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Yes, I actually did have an idea. The real question is did I *CARE* about how fast it was going to get deleted. The answer to that, obviously, is NO Cool
Clearly, since you posted it anyway. Razz
http://blogs.technet.com/windowsvista/archive/2006/09/01/453491.aspx

Seems RC1 (non pre-) will be available soon - so no reason to pirate pre-RC1 anyway Wink
Indeed, and they say that it will also be available to non-official testers. Can't wait. My only fear is that the RCs may have automatic data transmission built-in to monitor performance and report bugs, which would certainly be a privacy concenr.
Nah, as far as I can tell, Beta 2 only sends things when a program crashes. I assume it's the same for RC1.
The Tari wrote:
Nah, as far as I can tell, Beta 2 only sends things when a program crashes. I assume it's the same for RC1.
OK, that's good. I'd hate for my computer to be covertly transmitting data back to Microsoft.
Evil or Very Mad Oh noes! It sent back the source code for all your super secret projects! Just Joking
Harq wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Oh noes! It sent back the source code for all your super secret projects! Just Joking
I was thinking more of stuff like my web browsing history, usage history, passwords, stuff like that.
KermMartian wrote:
Harq wrote:
I was thinking more of stuff like my web browsing history, usage history, passwords, stuff like that.

oops, smily generator screwed up Rolling Eyes

Anyways... OH NOES!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours