So this project really was multi-purposed. It was, A. meant to make a cool and simple game, and, B. learn how to use SDL with c++. I would say I accomplished both of these things.

During making this game I learned a lot about Vectors, Vector normalization, and building a basic AI. It's a mildly fun game, and I'm proud of it- considering it's my first desktop game.

You basically have to jump across platforms and shoot the AI while the AI shoots at you.

Here's a video-

I might add some more things- AKA new maps or difficulties. Maybe not. Let me know what you think!

Heres the github repo if you want to play it.
You should keep working on it, looks fun Smile
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
You should keep working on it, looks fun Smile

Thx!
first off, this project looks really cool, and I will download it when I get the chance

Here's two suggestions :
> Xbox/ps4 controller support [if it's not already there]
> level editor
Izder456 wrote:
first off, this project looks really cool, and I will download it when I get the chance

Here's two suggestions :
> Xbox/ps4 controller support [if it's not already there]
> level editor

A level editor is definitely a possibility, andXbox and Ps4 controller support- while not yet implemented- should be no problem. From what I understand it is a fundamental of SDL to have game controller and joytstick support... thanks for the suggestions!
You should add portals and mirrors!
c4ooo wrote:
You should add portals and mirrors!

oooh sounds cool. definitely will do that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours