JincS wrote:
^^Not a good way to help encourage newbs to learn. Trial and error is one of THE BEST ways to learn anything. Q&A can only answer the questions about theory, not about application. Thus the trial and error Smile

It isn't trial and error or questions that are the problem, but rather the posting of "answers" that have nothing backing them up at all (knowledge, experience, etc...). Posting incorrect answers is probably one of the worst things ever.

@Ult Dev: You should change your sig to "READ THE GODD*MN TUTORIALS THREAD!!!!" Razz
Quote:
It isn't trial and error or questions that are the problem, but rather the posting of "answers" that have nothing backing them up at all (knowledge, experience, etc...). Posting incorrect answers is probably one of the worst things ever.

Quote:
I agree; just you shouldn't be a part of the A yet Wink

Hmm...Razz

Quote:
@Ult Dev: You should change your sig to "READ THE GODD*MN TUTORIALS THREAD!!!!"

RTFM Laughing You know what would be funny, a n00bs anonymous thread Very Happy
Rolling Eyes Aaaanyway, back ontopic... any luck with backlight pictures yet, Dan?
i would personaly like to see a kit for putting in a backlight, and those pics

EDIT: oops forgot to reat pages 2 and 3

EDIT2: and i think i am somewhat of a hardware guy, though i do not know a huge amount, i do tinker with hardware, like i am trying to figure out why my lm386 amplifyer circut is not working
Do you have a multimeter? O'scope?
i have a digital multimeter
No 'scope? Then you're not a hardware guy Razz Just Joking

Do you have a schematic of your amp?
I use my soundcard scope at home, and one of the fully-digital scopes at school.
yeah, this time it is the standerd gain 20 circut modded only cause i do not have all the parts in my posession, i will remake the schematic soon for you, though i think it is a loose wire, as it worked untill i burned out the first chip, then when i replaced the chip it broke
and i do not have the mony for a scope or a place to get one
Don't double post, use the edit button.
i forgot sorry bout that
KermMartian wrote:
Rolling Eyes Aaaanyway, back ontopic... any luck with backlight pictures yet, Dan?

Not that great, but the best that I can come up with... Smile
Hmm...and that's just the backlighting assembly, correct? Can you give us a pic with the lcd in there as well?
The LCD simply (not really simple, but meh) clips on to the white plastic piece... The LCD is really trashed, and was hard to get off the backlight in the first place... Is the pic really neccessary?
No; that description works Smile
I was thinking, if I were to shave off the part where the screen snaps into place, then it would simply be a matter of hooking up that strip to power and a switch... I doubt that I would have to do too much to the inside of the calc because it is so small...
I don't see any LED's, or even an EL strip in those pics; try hooking it up to your DS without the diffuser screens (basically those two sheets of plastic on the side), and tell me where you see the light come from.
look at the second screenshot. Those 4 little knubs stickin up, thouse are where the LEDs are at.
Okay; so from what I understand you want to cut off all but the strip that the LEDs are on, put that on the side of the calc's screen, and light it up that way. That would be the easiest way to pull it off, or if that doesn't work, you could always peel back the reflective layer on the calc's screen, put in the DS' diffuser sheet, then reassemble the screen, and put the LED strip at the edge of the screen.

What we need to do now is reverse engineer the pinout of the LED strip; a good way to do this is to plug it back into the DS, turn it on, and measure with a multimeter the voltage levels of each line (wire on the ribbon cable) that goes to the LEDs. If it's too tight to get a multimeter in there, then you could always solder wires to the end of the ribbon cable, and just randomly test each wire to see which one's ground and which ones are Vcc (to do this you would just hook up a bettery with a resistor to a random pair of lines and see if an LED turns on)

Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours