http://www.hindu.com/2006/09/05/stories/2006090505392000.htm/

Yes; Steve Irwin died today as he was filming for his new t.v. show documentary about the world's most deadlist animals; he was pierced in the heart by a stingray's barb.
Yeah, I heard about that. Sad Crikey! Laughing
he died doing what he loved doing....kinda ironic though that after all the stuff his done he got killed by a stingray...I mean thats actually preventable.
But cut through the heart... That's not very preventable.
Sure it is; they call them bullet-proof vests Laughing
I meant preventing death after being cut through the heart.
Quite sad about him; I read this in the newspaper this morning.
He was probably too adventurous to wear a bullet-proof vest, anyway.
I was pretty bummed out to hear about this... Sad
I must be a terrible person because I honestly don't care that much. To me it seemed like it was very likely he would have died years ago doing what he does. I'm sorry, but I'm not upset. Just being honest. Neutral
calc84maniac wrote:

Yes, wearing bullet proof vest while underwater - GENIOUS! Just ask all those old knights in armor how they survived in water w/ the extra weight.... oh wait, they all DROWNED Laughing
Kllrnohj wrote:
calc84maniac wrote:

Yes, wearing bullet proof vest while underwater - GENIOUS! Just ask all those old knights in armor how they survived in water w/ the extra weight.... oh wait, they all DROWNED 0x5
Yeah, like good ol' Genghis Khan (?) who drowned in a brook because he couldn't lift the weight of his armor on his own. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, like good ol' Genghis Khan (?) who drowned in a brook because he couldn't lift the weight of his armor on his own. Razz

He died of a nosebleed IIRC... Though that may have been someone else. Either way, wiki says that it isn't officially known anyway, though I did find this painful and disturbing:
Wikipedia wrote:
There are persistent folktales that a Tangut princess, to avenge her people and prevent her rape, castrated him with a knife hidden inside her and that he never recovered.

Either way, I'm sure someone has done that at one point.
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
calc84maniac wrote:

Yes, wearing bullet proof vest while underwater - GENIOUS! Just ask all those old knights in armor how they survived in water w/ the extra weight.... oh wait, they all DROWNED 0x5

I thought he was killed by a boar Evil or Very Mad

Also, iirc there was a knight who swam across a river every day (can't remember which river) with full armor on to stay fit Evil or Very Mad
Unless the armor was stainless steel, it probably got very rusty! Laughing
calc84maniac wrote:
Unless the armor was stainless steel, it probably got very rusty! 0x5

Maybe he cleaned/dryed it afterwards Rolling Eyes
Poor guy. I joined a facebook group in his honor.
Suicide_Guy wrote:
I notice that a lot of those were created, at least several hundred imo.
KermMartian wrote:
Suicide_Guy wrote:
I notice that a lot of those were created, at least several hundred imo.

Yeah, I'm sure. I joined the largest at Purdue that looked respectable. Razz heh

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours