For some reason, that's the only one I use. Probably 'cause I can't get tasm to work and I don't get much time on the PC. Wink
Hey, so I haven't messed with calc programming in a few years. I'm trying to install your on calc compiler and, well, what is a tig file? Ti connect wont let me transfer them to my calc. Is it some kind of 84 thing?

Thanks, can't wait to try this out.
.tig is the successor to .8xg. If you have the latest version of TI-Connect, you should be able to send it. It's a backup file, essentially. In the future, calc84maniac, I'd suggest packaging as .8xg instead of .tig.
After using your program a while, I arrived to something that when you did:

ld hl,plotSScreen+1

it would parse it as

ld hl,1
It parses it fine for me... Confused
I'm using ti connect version 1.6 on my mac and I upgraded from Ti os 1.1.5 or whatever to 1.1.9 I think it is. It still wont let me transfer the .tig files.
What calculator do you have?
a ti-83+
See what happens when you double click on one of the .tig files
I tried to open it in the ti data editor but it said it couldn't edit it. I guess I also should have said that I'm on a mac. It shouldn't really matter though.
But what happens on a MAC when you double click on a .tig file? I think it should open and show you the .8xp's inside...
My guess is that tig is not supported by macs.
I guess when I clicked on "Create new ti group", I thought it would create a .8xg .
yeah, that is a problem. In my opinion, if you want to include a group file, you also need to include all the files ungrouped also (as some of us also use TiLP).
rivereye wrote:
yeah, that is a problem. In my opinion, if you want to include a group file, you also need to include all the files ungrouped also (as some of us also use TiLP).

i thought TILP-2 worked just fine with group files?

EDIT: Just checked, TILP-2 does indeed recognize .tig's as valid files. Not that it matters, you can just unzip the .tig anyway (a .tig has the same format as a .zip it would seem - or at least thats what `file` and archive-manager are telling me)
if I double click it it doesn't know what application to open it with. Is there anyway you could repackage it as a .8xg or whatever the old format for group was?
Kllrnohj wrote:
rivereye wrote:

i thought TILP-2 worked just fine with group files?

EDIT: Just checked, TILP-2 does indeed recognize .tig's as valid files. Not that it matters, you can just unzip the .tig anyway (a .tig has the same format as a .zip it would seem - or at least thats what `file` and archive-manager are telling me)

ok, well, I didn't get TiLP 2 to work on my comp for some odd reason, so I went back to the original version.
i have had this problem with ti connect as well before. The way i fix it is just right click on file than chose extract all. than it should create a new folder with all the seperate files and just highlight all of them and than send.
vampirate wrote:
if I double click it it doesn't know what application to open it with. Is there anyway you could repackage it as a .8xg or whatever the old format for group was?

its a zip file - i told you that. Rolling Eyes So open up whatever crappy archive program Mac's have, and open the .tig. If it can't figure out that its a zip, then rename the .tig file to .zip - then you can extract all them nice .8xp's just fine
Kllrnohj wrote:
vampirate wrote:

its a zip file - i told you that. Rolling Eyes So open up whatever crappy archive program Mac's have, and open the .tig. If it can't figure out that its a zip, then rename the .tig file to .zip - then you can extract all them nice .8xp's just fine

/me points out that Stuffit pwns WinRAR and 7z together.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours