No, I used the higher quality screenshot option in PTI, but it seems to be play the frames at the normal rate making it look really slow...
Hey, nice job. Now I see why you need the documentation on the rest of the AF routines. Smile We still need to work out that cleared byte at top left, though. May I suggest you fiddle with the scrollbars so the [X] is cenetered under the vertical scrollbar better?
the problem is that the GUIRButtonImg seems to have little things coming off the side so I can't put it any closer to the horizontal bar. might I suggest you allow the programs to supply the entire icon for GUIRButtonImg in case they want some other shape, no border, w/e?
Why not just use a GUIRSprite with a GUIRHotspot then?
KermMartian wrote:
Why not just use a GUIRSprite with a GUIRHotspot then?

lol, good idea.
email to makers of strategic conquest wrote:
from Thomas Dickerson
to Delta Tao Software
date Dec 21, 2006 2:34 PM
subject strategic conquest ai
mailed-by gmail.com

greetings,
I have no idea how active delta tao software is anymore, however I really enjoy strategic conquest 3, although I never got a chance to try 4. Anyway, to get to the point, as a side project I am attempting to recreate a version of strategic conquest for the ti-83+ series of graphing calculators in z80 assembly language. I have completed much of the work on the interface/graphics, but I was wondering if you would be willing to supply me with the complete movement/combat rules used by strategic conquest, as well as possibly a rundown of the different heuristics used by each level of AI. I am attempting this as a GPL'ed project, not for anything commercial, in honor of all the hours I spent playing strategic conquest on a computer I no longer have access to. Any help you could supply would by great. Thank you.

I'll post more when I get a reply.
well, no luck on the AI, but he did provide me with some useful information.

Quote:
Sorry, but Peter Merrill has us sworn to secrecy on the AI stuff.

The AI is far more complicated than the rest of the game programming
combined.

Thanks!

--Joe
--------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas Dickerson to Joe

hmmm.....I was somewhat afraid of that...I guess Ill have to do the AI myself....would it still be possible to get information on the rest of the game rules? I want to make sure I have them all covered, and I get the feeling there may be things I haven't discovered yet. For example, only in the last few games I played did I discover that destroyers are excellent for attacking coastal tanks.
thanks again,
thomas
-----------------------------------------
Joe Williams to me

Well, there's the manual:

http://www.joedelta.com/stratcon/

Thanks!

--Joe
------------------------------------
Thomas Dickerson to Joe

Excellent, I hadn't seen that particular document before. Thanks for all the help, once I make some more progress on coding in the rest of the rules, and do finish hotkey support Ill remember to send you a screenshot of it running on my calculator.
Thanks for all the help,
Thomas

That's no fun =\

Oh well I am sure you can figure out something on the AI...
Elfprince: bummer about that, but as Harq said, think of it as a challenge, an opportunity to test your intellectual limits.
Speaking of AI, that is one of the main fields of computer science that I am interested in, although I have no real experience with anything except tic-tac-toe Razz
indeed, that was my original plan, than I realised these guys were probably still around and set them an email on the off chance.

I think the biggest challenge will be designing the heuristic for it, not implementing it.
More importantly, what happened to Strat Con? =(
Harq wrote:
I was mentoring him on this for an independent study, but I think he might have gotten stuck on the AI. Any insight on this, elfprince?
If you could get it to the point where you could move your own units, that would raise interest in the project. I think you should get an alpha without AI out and then go from there Smile
Why not have the AI just search if your units are in range, and attack whichever one it finds the most vulnerable?
Angel14995 wrote:
Why not have the AI just search if your units are in range, and attack whichever one it finds the most vulnerable?
Yeah, but it (and you) have to follow the rules of the game, which I don't think elf got around to implementing yet.
KermMartian wrote:
Harq wrote:
I was mentoring him on this for an independent study, but I think he might have gotten stuck on the AI. Any insight on this, elfprince?

I was having some issues getting scrolling maps to mix with DCS, and then I ran out of free time. Same for iPaint, USBMouse and aDrive. if anyone has the time, motivation, and skill to finish them let me know. This year is shaping up to be ridiculously busy.
You said you were getting back into programming... Can you please try to revive this project?
yoman82 wrote:
You said you were getting back into programming... Can you please try to revive this project?
I'd wait to see what elfprince13 says, but my gut instinct is that he's way too busy to get involved with this for a while, based on what I know of his academic and personal life.
Then maybe the posting of source code is in order, for someone else to take on the projects?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours