KermMartian wrote:
Does this have anything to do with it? Razz

Code:
   ;ld de,plotsscreen
   ;ld hl,savesscreen
   ;ld bc,768
   ;ldir

no, second one is writing directly to plotsscreen just so i could test if there was something wrong with that.
Ah, good call. Tell you what: I'll do some trace debugging today and see if I can't figure out what's going on.
thank you, Very Happy
Do you have any idea whatsoever what the problem is?
none, it won't display anything. Ive gone and looked at the buffer and nothing has been written to it, but its the exact same code as I use in the first one which works fine.
after a 2.5 month hiatus I have started hammering out the tilemap routines for Strategic Conquest. while they ain't pretty yet, and Im not even sure it renders the mapcorrectly, it doesn't crash anything so here's a screenshot:

in other news, the counter on the AI level slidebar seems to have broken itself while I was gone....
I would guess that that might be an issue on my end... Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
I would guess that that might be an issue on my end... Very Happy

did you change the data format for any of the pushgui data?
Negatory, no changes have been made in the GUI routines whatsoever...

can't scroll yet so I generated a few different maps to get one that was interesting in the upper left corner, so stay for the whole screeny.
Very nice, elfprince! Now for some gameplay...
rendering routines first, then keeping track of pieces, then moving them, THEN gameplay Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
rendering routines first, then keeping track of pieces, then moving them, THEN gameplay Wink
Touche, elfprince, quite right you are. Any sort of eta?
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Touche, elfprince, quite right you are. Any sort of eta?

I might be able to get the 2 player version functional before, say, the end of February if I really push, the AI will be the real challenge.
Definitely, AIs always are a problem. From reading Maxcoderz, though, I now know a thing or two about pathfinding algorithms.
KermMartian wrote:
Definitely, AIs always are a problem. From reading Maxcoderz, though, I now know a thing or two about pathfinding algorithms.

Im gonna email the creators of the the original and see if they're willing to supply any information on how they had it prioritized, fortunately pathfinding shouldn't be *too* much of in issue here....hmm...the only pathfinding algorithm I know is Djikstra shortest possible path theorem....should work, although Ive never used it on anything other than preexisting road.s
The one I've heard of is called A* (a-star); apparently it performs fairly efficiently for programming purposes.
KermMartian wrote:
The one I've heard of is called A* (a-star); apparently it performs fairly efficiently for programming purposes.

check out Dijkstra, http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~crpalmer/sp/

the site wrote:
If you are familiar with the A* algorithm, you might notice that adding the heuristic to Dijkstra's algorithm gives you something very similar. Basically, Dijkstra's algorithm with a heuristic is equivalent to A* except for a couple of technical facts:

A* will generally use less memory
You must know the entire search space to use Dijkstra's algorithm
For people that are writing tile based games, I would actually recommend that they use Dijkstra's algorithm because it is easier to code and will be about as efficient as A*.

under 2300 bytes and half that is the title screen.

the ability to open files has now been programmed, although atm all the files contain is a map. map generation is now fully functional. working on writing the map scrolling code.
Is the mouse as slow as in the screeny??

Looks good for now! Shock

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours