Here is a list of the topics, the newest addition to our terrorist list BlackJack666, effected. I thought this would be a help since there were many topics that were spammed. 0x5.I think this is the hardest Cemetech has been hit by a spambot. At least since I have been around. May the db space and bandwidth lost, rest in peace. September 14th, 2006 0x5

Hope the list helps.
Wow, you can still see it in the SAX. Evil or Very Mad
The only thing worse than a spambot is a necroposting spambot...
I banned it and deleted its account; I also removed most of its posts.
I was there when it happened. It was horrible! Crying I've never seen a spambot post so much spam at once... Shock
The terror! Crying
Kerm, perhaps a captcha is in order?
If only the guy who made this spambot had better projects to waste his programming time on. The spambot could've at least provided a link to someone better than Mariah Carey. Laughing Apparently, I didn't have the codec to view whatever it wanted me to see. I didn't click to downloaded since it was an exe that might have some virus.
something1990 wrote:
I didn't click to downloaded since it was an exe that is some virus.
Wink

Kerm, when are you going to get around to implementing elfprince's system? Just yesterday I saw another spambot sign up. He has yet to post, but I'm sure he will.
yes, please eliminate the enemy, and try to do better than you are currently doing. (for you RvB fans out there)

I finished off his posts from what I can tell. It is time for spambots to die (/me is glad not to have any on his forum). Question, does UTI ever get spambots?
UTI gets spambots, but not as many as we do here and they have more admins to help clear up any that leak through the cracks. Perhaps if we appointed more bot banners we would see a decrease in the number of *visible* spam posts.
Yeah, I bet we would. I'm still working on implementing a bit of JS to make it harder for them.
well, if you need a bot banner, I am sure a number of us would be more than ready to help (maybe you make a seperate group called bot banners, and they can only ban a user (and that user must have under 10 posts)).
I like that idea. I'd love to help.
I think there should be more requirements than 10 posts. One should be the last post hasn't been made in many months (still under 10 posts) and another should be the posts that have been made are not constructive at all.
you guys don't get the reason for the ten post thing. If I see a spam bot, I can ban it, but members over 10 posts can't be affected (most bots never get that high anyways), so this way, I can't go off and ban other people. This would only be given to those with certian trust though.
I'd be willing to help Smile
Same Very Happy

wait... what are we doing Confused
Try reading the topic Wink
Hmmm, this is an intriguing idea. Wait, I just got an awesome idea.

How about voting on each member, like a warning? And only people with >50 posts can warn; the higher your postcount, the more your warning is worth. Get 100% warn and you're banned.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours