You can just extract zips without any program. I recently got a clean install of windows and can just open compressed folders in windows explorer. It's nice not having to deal with WinZip. But yes, get WinRAR if you so desire, it's quality.
jpez, but you can't batch-extract as you can with WinRAR.
Eh, WinRAR has it's proprietary format and 7-zip has better compression anyway. Plus, 7-zip can read PLENTY more filetypes that WinRAR (and the icons actually help to differentiate between the types rather than 1 icon for all associated files). Plus, it can do batch extraction. Although, I don't see a place for separate files, you could suggest it on its sourceforge page.
Quote:
7-zip has better compression anyway.

7-zip is INSANELY SLOW!!! I would suggest UHARC, especially for .iso files (sometimes you can squeeze them down ten-fold Wink)
Hmm..... Firefox has the DownloadThemAll button, right?
Yes...https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/201/
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Quote:
7-zip has better compression anyway.

7-zip is INSANELY SLOW!!! I would suggest UHARC, especially for .iso files (sometimes you can squeeze them down ten-fold Wink)

Maybe if you'd take it off of Ultra compression... The standard zip compression is better than WinRAR even without that. I get fine speeds with it on largest dictionary and word size and Normal compression levels.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Hey! This isn't about compression, its about DECOMPRESSION, and, more specifically, batch decompression. WinRAR pwns 7-Zip at that Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours