Just watched a vid about runescape, the glitch that will go down in runescape history! 2000 people were on this server, and a glitch started, you could kill anyone, anywere. approx. 1 Billion valueble and discontinued items were lost. This vid is absolutly amazing!

Here is the dload:
The curse of 6/6/06

Yes thats right, it all happened on 6-6-06. The day of which was known, as the day of the devil, the day the world would end. And well, it ended on runescape. 2000 People were on the server (completely full server), and about 20 mods who had no way of stopping this massacre, but to defend them selves and only hope they servive. 1 Billion valueble and discontinued items lost!
1 Billion Exclamation
Woah! I'm glad I don't play, anymore... It recently got really popular at my school, though. I hope none of my friends got pwned...
I hope my friends did. They were massively addicted.
Hahaha rofl. But yah, its freakin crazy, any of you watch the vid yet?
I cant get it to DL. E-mail it to me and I will put it on my server.

Nevermind. I got it to d/l
27mb > my patience with dial-up
Ooh! I should convert it to TIMM... Very Happy
Its HUGE. 0x5, it would take FOREVER. You know, if you get the source for both TIMM and that one 8x series audio player, you could mix 'em to play the sounds and video Very Happy

Thankfuly, I never had Dial-Up before. But the times that I would have, I did'nt have any, 0x5
i dont get whats happeing. ive never played runescape before. no ones dieing just people running around saying "kill me@@@" it doesn't seem like anyone can kill anyone.
This is why I don't waste my time playing RPG's ... thousands of hours of work can be undone by a stupid little hack like this, or even just a simple switch in polarities on a hard drive.
0x5

Btw, Billybb347, if you looked hard enough, you could see deaths happening and a bunch of people fighting. Most moved to varrock, and most all 2000 people moved to varrock to fight. But it was over, as they shut the server down to fix the problem. But as I said about 1billion items were lost. That guy that was at that fight, was not able to get much, he started and ended it at a bit of a bad time Wink . But I just got back on runescape, something I have'nt done in about 2 years, and talked to some people, and they remember it fully. Its known as the Fallador Massacre. 0x5.

And yes, thats one of the reasons I dont play anymore Jpez, the other reason is its just plain boring to me now.
Umm, why couldn't they just roll the database back to backup from the previous day?
I am not sure what system of db they had been using, but I just got done talking to one of my friends, and he was on that day Laughing.

He was a level 115 too, and like lvl25's just started attacking him cause they could, basicly. He got off after a few mins. I think its absolutely halarious. They know who caused the glitch too. He did'nt care to much that he was banned, he came back to runescape, but only few know that its him.
How was the glitch caused?
This is hilarious. Laughing I hope all those preteens learn to stop wasting their time with this game. The quality of RuneScape has deteriorated so far thanks to those n00bs. They really deserved it. It was bad for the developpers though.
Here are some now version you dont need to dload.Also, some are confused because they dont see killing, there is some, but the glitch would move from person to person so all those people would be looking for the one who they could attack. Pretty much 2-3 people could be attacked at a time.

And of course Duri could choose who could be attacked, cause he created the glitch.
How did he make it?!!?!

Oh, 1 of my friends got hit with this. He had just deposited everything to go to the wilderness though. Very Happy
Sorry, I thought I answered that.

He programmed an applet that he could use to alter the runescape applet and then get it to do what ever he wanted. Of course he waited to use it on 6-6-06 to add a little more scary to the glitch.
I wonder if he will e-mail it to me... =)
Hehe.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours