KermMartian wrote:
Good plan. Might as well include batch files that work with every system and every compiler; I could help you with that if you want, since I have most of them written already.

If you want them to work on every system, just remember that Windows is on my G: drive and my C: Drive is 64MB is size.
How about I make it first and then we decide how to upload it. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Hmm, you got lost in asm28d? That's one of the more complete and understandable tutorials, too. Sad

It was more I got lost in compiling and a few of the explanations.
i think another good topic would be making a menu. because i know i have tried and it takes up a lot of space and looks a lot like basic.
lafferjm wrote:
i think another good topic would be making a menu. because i know i have tried and it takes up a lot of space and looks a lot like basic.
*cough* DCS6 GUI *cough*
I made a menu in one of my few asm programs. (I am just starting so I'm amazed at that Wink ) It looks kinda like the catalog, though.
Try using things like sprites to point to the item being selected, graphscreen font, and maybe some gfx around the text and pointer.
KermMartian wrote:
Try using things like sprites to point to the item being selected, graphscreen font, and maybe some gfx around the text and pointer.

I thought about doing that but never got around to it.
Go for it then! What are you waiting for?
waiting for some inspiration. i dont want to create a menu without the game.
I know I haven't gotten around to much yet, but I've been very busy. I got dreamweaver 8, so I shouldn't have too much trouble making this look nice. With any luck I can get something done tonight.
another good topic would be ai and levels.
Start with simple topics first. Smile Those would be part of a later section of the guide.;
lafferjm wrote:
another good topic would be ai and levels.

AI's more a concept than something language-dependant. That would be a different set of tutorials Wink
Yeah, this tutorial is more, "what are bitlevel opcodes?"
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, this tutorial is more, "what are bitlevel opcodes?"

roflmatic
Any progress on the tutorial Chipmaster? Wink
Tomorrow is my first day of vacation. I'll be sending out the last of my college applications Friday, and all I have to do for the rest of vacation is work a few days. Finally, I'll have some time to put into this.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten anywhere since the last time I have posted, but don't think I've forgotten about it.
Very Happy You finished your college applications by three days before Christmas? Way to be less of a procrasinator than the rest of us.

Good stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens between your new tutorial set and elfprince's upcoming tutorials.
Once you get started I will rad them all and use them to learn ASM =D

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours