I feel kind of dumb for asking this, but is there a non-blocking way to get an extended keycode? I'm just trying to input text the same way the OS does, i.e. 2nd and alpha modify the keys and a different character is put on the screen. os_GetCSC is non-blocking, but doesn't take into account the modifiers, and os_GetKey does account for them, but is blocking. So on that front I'm stuck.
I figured out a very simple way of achieving this: use os_GetCSC() and just keep track of 2nd and alpha manually as bit 0 and bit 1 in the same byte. Then use that byte to index a 4x50 LUT for characters for the next characters. It's a little more involved than that because of alpha lock and lowercase alpha, so extra logic is in order, but that can be easily implemented.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours