Kerm, could you maybe set up an area that on here that I could upload these files to for contest stuff (take your pic if you want).
What uploads? Just upload them via the archives upload form.
either way. I was just thinking of this so we can allow people to download the contest entries for running.
Battleship?! Wow... this must be a coincidence. Right after the Sudoku contest ended, I released Sudoku v2.0 (my old Sudoku program never would have won anyway) and now I'm working on my own version of Battleship. I'm sure this won't happen in the next contest though if you guys are leaning toward doing a 3D contest.
you just keep lucking out, don't you.
Or not lucking out, as it were. Sad If you visited more often, you could be in the contests with these projectts of yours.
Yeah... now I log on pretty much every day. But the sad thing is, I don't have much time for programming now that school has started... only on weekends.
I should've added that little note to clear RAM in the readme. The stat sprites use a lot of it, which is why whenever one ship is placed the program deletes its data. My program actually did have ships, Rivereye. Your review said it didn't. Should I make them look more like ships? Thanks for the tips though. Now I know what I should do next in developping my game. It was a great contest all. I can't wait for the next one.
I didn't say lack of ships, I said that the ship that is one block in size I am not in fan of.
It is pretty hard to fit much detail in one square though.
what? in battleship, you have one 2, two 3, one 4, and one 5, he did one 1, one 2, one 3, one 4, one 5. He went from the norm, and I wasn't a big fan of it.
Do you realize how hard it is to hit a 1 block ship? Laughing
which is why I don't like it.
I agree that the normal Battleship ship lengths would have been preferable, but do you think the board was big enough for that?
I would have to double check, I know it was a smaller board also, but then again, it wasn't like only one space was left open also.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours