As I said on the Skype conference, the trick is to come up with a "hook": some unique feature that will draw people to your site. If you don't have time, then don't bother for now; just let it lapse, and you can always resurrect it at a later time.
rivereye wrote:
yeah, the question then lies with on how do I manage to do that on their site?

Try picking up the PHONE and CALLING them. Surely they have a 1800 number? Or e-mail em. You are (or were) paying them, after all, they must have SOME form of customer service... Hell, at surpass I got two issues (one my fault, one theirs) straightened out in under 3 hours (each problem was several e-mails back and forth, usually got an e-mail response, from a real person as far as I can tell, in ~50 minutes - extremely impressive)
I had emails going back and forth with Jatol at nearly realtime speeds when they had accidentally firewalled SAX's port and the site wouldn't load. Needless to say, I was duly impressed.
well, now that they have been taken over, I don't think will get resolved easily.
rivereye wrote:
well, now that they have been taken over, I don't think will get resolved easily.
Why wouldn't the new company that owns it now be just as receptive to making good technical support.
true, I guess though I had things started with Incognito, but now I have to work from scratch on these guys.
rivereye wrote:
true, I guess though I had things started with Incognito, but now I have to work from scratch on these guys.

Not really, they will be expecting people from the old company in their support staff. Besides, its not like a tech there ever gets to KNOW you or anything Laughing
Kllrnohj wrote:
rivereye wrote:

Not really, they will be expecting people from the old company in their support staff. Besides, its not like a tech there ever gets to KNOW you or anything 0x5
Exactly. I don't see why this Incognito is so hard to get a hold of for resolving this problem with your account. Razz
well, half the links on their support page now 404.
Shock Perhaps they did go to seed then, and just closed down but left their servers up until they drop...
maybe, but I doubt it.
They certainly still seem alive... http://www.incognitonetworks.com/
Did you try emailing tech support? Or did you just use their built-in ticket system?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours