42%  [ 3 ]
Assembly Studio 8x
 0%  [ 0 ]
Notepad
 14%  [ 1 ]
Programmer's Notepad
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

I got some work done (at last) on the Windows section of the editors tutorial. I'm depending on others to fill in the gaps that I have left. I think Tari can best handle the Assembly Studio 8x information, and others can fill in information about Latenite.

Also, I'm not nearly an expert in html yet (as this is my first foray), so expect the formatting to get better and better. It is xhtml (I think) as suggested.

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/czt/Lesson1.html

You can find an index that will be updated with lessons and fixes as I make them here: http://www.cemetech.net/projects/czt/

Use this topic strictly to make suggestions on the tutorial and provide missing information and suggestions on other things to cover. I will be deleting all posts which are in any way offtopic.
I'd recommend using divs to indent sections away from the left margin a bit to help delineate them. Perhaps even a centered, 800-px-wide div in the center?
content wise, looking good, though I don't know if seeting up an Ediditng Enviorment is the what I would use to call it. All that is really talked about it different programs used to edit a program. When you say setting it up, one would assume that you would also go up to the point to where you can start coding and compiling with no more set up (right now, we can't do that, we can only code what following your tutorial). Just my thoughts though.
Yeah, I agree. You could use a bit more detail as to how you need to install each editor, then set up a development directory.
Yea, I'm just trying to get them up there at first. I was going to go into a bit more detail after I discuss all the options. Keep in mind, this first tutorial is about 20% done. I agree that the the title may need to be changed slightly. I'll get on that.

For now, anyone want to contribute to Assembly Studio 8x or Latenite?

KermMartain wrote:
I'd recommend using divs to indent sections away from the left margin a bit to help delineate them. Perhaps even a centered, 800-px-wide div in the center?

...I understand what you're saying, but I don't know html terminology. I'll attempt to add these "divs", but don't be surprised if I end up using some other method to indent them because I don't know what I'm doing. If you want to provide a short example of how to do this, that would be great.
you might have wanted to say that is was at 20% complition, then I might not have commented like I did. Also, you may want to think of adding Programmers Notepad (very similar to Notepad++).
Thanks for the tip, and don't worry: I'm fine with criticism...in fact I'm encouraging it. Be as harsh as you want; just be constructive.
well, I could tear apart that page bit by bit, but I don't think you want me to get there. Let me know when there is some new stuff up there.
Oh, I meant the tutorial itself, not the html. I know I suck at html, but that's my first attempt. Give the tutorial all the criticism you want.

I'll bump this again when I get around to putting more stuff up.
stick them alt tags in Wink

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cemetech.net%2Fprojects%2Fczt%2FLesson1.html
Definitely, that's the only thing holding you back from a completely passing page.
Umm....Tada? Very Happy
Well, information about assembly studio 8x...

Syntax highlighting, as mentioned
    Built-in sprite editor
    Built-in assembler, as mentioned
    "Code counter" (says how many bytes the selected code will be, and how many clock cycles it'll take to execute)
    Supports plugins
Sweet, thanks. Now I just need some info for Latenite.
Latenite: Syntax highlighting. Can compile for several calcs/shells. Compiler is pre-configured one-click-and-your-done. Sets up the .bat files to compile from outside of Latenite. It will also load it into PindurTI for debuging/testing (I think PindurTI comes with it, but obviously a ROM doesn't)

Oh, and it would be nice if you used the latest versions for the screenshots, and you actually had z80 code in it so people can get a better idea of what its like (the latenite screenshot is particularly outdated, it now looks much different) - obviously this would require you to have it installed on your own comp, but that shouldn't be too much of a deal, as you are going to have to explain how to set them up anyway Wink

And one last thing, you might like the <pre></pre> tags - it allows you to use "preformatted" text. That would make indents and such a breeze Very Happy
My favorite one isn't in the poll. It's the oncalc compiler! I can't get the computer ones to work anyway...
I dont think chipmaster will be too worried about an on calc compiler... Rolling Eyes As a matter of fact, I would reccommend NOT using it...
Hey, pretty soon it'll have ion and MOS support. Actually, it already does, but I haven't released it yet.
calc84maniac wrote:
My favorite one isn't in the poll. It's the oncalc compiler! I can't get the computer ones to work anyway...
That's why you need a tutorial on how to do it. Very Happy
Yea, if you write a tutorial on how to use it, we could easily add it to this tutorial.

@the screenie's: Yea, I'm going to do that. I already have them all installed, I just need to get around to taking some screenies. The real purpose of this first one was just to make sure that I could make an html file and upload it to the website, and give a decent layout.

@Kllrnohj: Thanks, that info will be added to the Latenite area.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours