Hello everyone,

I got my old graphic calculator out today and decided I'd like to add some programs. However, after trying with both TI Connect and TI Connect CE, I kept receiving error messages when trying to install pretty much any program I could find, including Doors CS 7.2. I think it is because the calculator I have seems to be not very well known in the community and all programs just aren't supported. I have a TI-84 Plus T, which seems to only be available in the Netherlands, since the description of the calulator is only availble on ti.com in dutch

So does anyone know whether this model is truly incompatible with all programs, or am I doing something wrong in installing?

If I need to provide any more information, just let me know.

Thanks for the help in advance

P.S. TI Connect identifies the calculator as a "TI-84 Plus Silver" whist TI Connect CE identifies it correctly, if that is any help
EDIT! As womp points out below there are apparently compatibility issues with the T variant you have Sad. I was wondering what errors you are receiving specifically though?

Are you able to obtain a screenshot with TI-Connect? Also checking what cable you are using with it?
The TI-84 Plus-T OS does not allow you to execute assembly programs, so you won't be able to run things like DoorsCS.
Currently there isn't really a way to "jailbreak" it. Its possible to run assembly programs through corrupted backup images but AFAIK, nobody has made a shell loader using that method
tr1p1ea wrote:
EDIT! As womp points out below there are apparently compatibility issues with the T variant you have Sad. I was wondering what errors you are receiving specifically though?

Are you able to obtain a screenshot with TI-Connect? Also checking what cable you are using with it?

The error messages depend on whether I try with TI Connect or TI Connect CE. CE tells me that it isn't compatible most of the time and TI Connect mostly gives the error code: 8c010001. I've tried both the short and longer cable that came with the calculator. By screenshot, do you mean a screenshot of what it looks like on my screen with something like Windows Snipping tool, or do you mean TI Screencapture?
mr womp womp wrote:
The TI-84 Plus-T OS does not allow you to execute assembly programs, so you won't be able to run things like DoorsCS.
Currently there isn't really a way to "jailbreak" it. Its possible to run assembly programs through corrupted backup images but AFAIK, nobody has made a shell loader using that method

That sucks. What I do find weird is that some apps like Cabri Jr are advertised as addons for the TI-84 Plus T I in the link I included, but I also haven't been able to get those to work. Is that just wrong then on their website or am I missing something?
the gettingstarted books dont help with usb connection things. You should probably just ask at the official ti-support. they probably know more about this specific calc.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours