Which of the following would you be most interested to see in the next version?
Stopwatch/Timer
 20%  [ 2 ]
Settings
 70%  [ 7 ]
Sprites in Launchpad
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Here is where you can vote on what you would like me to add in new versions!
Screenshots?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Screenshots?

I tried taking screenshots of the program but apparently ti connect ce doesn't give you screenshots for c programs.
ProgrammerBobSmith wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Screenshots?

I tried taking screenshots of the program but apparently ti connect ce doesn't give you screenshots for c programs.

CEmu might be what you're looking for. Alternatively, you could just enlist someone else to take the screenshots for you (but given that this is a C program, it's almost certain that you're using a computer anyway). CEmu should be able to run at fullspeed on any even vaguely modern computer; it offers some neat debugging tools that you could use, as well as the peace of mind that you won't reset or brick your calculator.
epsilon5 wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Screenshots?

CEmu might be what you're looking for. Alternatively, you could just enlist someone else to take the screenshots for you (but given that this is a C program, it's almost certain that you're using a computer anyway). CEmu should be able to run at fullspeed on any even vaguely modern computer; it offers some neat debugging tools that you could use, as well as the peace of mind that you won't reset or brick your calculator.

Seriously! Does it have a feature where I can track the value of certain variables as the program progresses?
Seriously! Does it have a feature where I can track the value of certain variables as the program progresses?

It can keep track of system variables, but the C debugger doesn't currently allow for the realtime tracking of program variables, if that's what you're asking. I think this is something that jacobly was working on, but it might not happen, as it sounded like it was going to be pretty difficult to implement because of LLVM's behavior.

You can print out program variables with debug statements, though, which is probably all that you'll need, especially given that CEmu also has some neat disassembly and memory view features. They are really quite useful, and usually all that I personally use when debugging programs.
epsilon5 wrote:

It can keep track of system variables, but the C debugger doesn't currently allow for the realtime tracking of program variables, if that's what you're asking. I think this is something that jacobly was working on, but it might not happen, as it sounded like it was going to be pretty difficult to implement because of LLVM's behavior.

You can print out program variables with debug statements, though, which is probably all that you'll need, especially given that CEmu also has some neat disassembly and memory view features. They are really quite useful, and usually all that I personally use when debugging programs.

Man! I wish I know about this, it would definitely have made my work easier!
I would work on the settings first because they would be needed later on!
Alvajoy123 wrote:

Lol, yeah! I'm already struggling with it because I've already created the majority of the shell.
Alvajoy123 wrote:

0x5, yeah! I'm already struggling with it because I've already created the majority of the shell.

Yeah take your time! Smile there is no rush in building a shell.
Alvajoy123 wrote:

Yeah take your time! Smile there is no rush in building a shell.

XD, there's always competition between me and other shell creators, like epsilon5, to make the best shell!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours