Beta v0.3 is finished! I added platforms, stocks, and a countdown. Performance is much better as well.
Hope you enjoy!

Download: https://github.com/wsclayton383/SSBCE/releases/tag/v0.3-beta

All that's left before the first full release is the menu.
No way! This looks better than the one before it. Great work! Very Happy
Any pixel artists here that would be willing to design the SSBCE logo for the title screen?
I'm not much of an artist.
I'll try to make a logo, I'll tell ya when I'm done... Very Happy
v1.0 is finally out! I've added a rudimentary title screen and menus for options, character selection, and stage selection.

Archive Download
Github Download

There are four stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Move, and Boo
Move and Boo are from Super Smash Bros. Open for the TI-84+.

SSBO was a huge inspiration for this project, and I want to pay tribute to the best Smash Bros. clone.
Additionally, I chose this version to be 1.0 because it now has just as much content as SSBO. From now on, everything is new territory.

The next few updates will be focused on new characters and stages rather than features and mechanics, so progress should be significantly faster.
theflamingninja21 wrote:
The next few updates will be focused on new characters and stages rather than features and mechanics, so progress should be significantly faster.

I am not sure if you are still working on this or not, but this concept is so cool! I tried it once in BASIC back in the day but never got much of anywhere aside from some fun sprites. Perhaps if you haven't picked it up in a while, this winter break would be a great time?
Woah, every day I keep finding incredible this like this on Cemetech. Never had any idea how many awesome projects there are hidden here! I'd love to see updates on this, once I get bored of or finish my project, I will definitely fork this (more or less for my own personal learning with the toolchain, but maybe I can do some stuff)
theflamingninja21 wrote:

Anyways, I'm back! Here's two new characters and a better knockback system:

Archive Download
Github Download

Whoa! Looking awesome, the collisions and movesets are looking slick so far Smile.
Wow, this is great progress. I'm assuming there's no computer player so far?
Calculatordream wrote:
Wow, this is great progress. I'm assuming there's no computer player so far?

Hopefully eventually, but not yet, no
When will the enemies attack better and is the multi-link support done?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours