Sweetness, I am glad that it worked!!

Anyway we can get some pics of it working? maybe a low res film? Razz
KermMartian wrote:
No no - I used a 5.1v Zener as a regulator.

And, pray tell, what's a Zener?
Or, never mind, because google is my friend. Interesting... although I just realized that three AAAs provide 4.5 V, not 5, so I need something like that.
You can indeed have a video. I'll try to post one some time this weekend. I just wrote the mouse SE, too, so I'll test that when I get to school. Also. I discovered that if I connect m non-modded calc via an I/O cable, it can use the PS/2 deice too! (As long as the host calc is off).
Shock

Freaking sweet dude, and I totally look forward to the video, I will go to my friends house if I have to to dl it...
Haha, I'll try to put it up somewhere where anyone with Flash can see it. I hope it works out fairly well. Right now I'm having some trouble with the Emerson routines; Ben and I are working on debugging.
*bump* This video will be live in a few minutes. Sorry for the bad quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_aVj7Ot7bU
Someone was taking a video 1 handed Razz

But that is pretty cool Shock Mouse with a calculator... who would have thought?
I will have to wait until I get home to watch it, the computer at work won't open the page... Go figure... Rolling Eyes
KermMartian wrote:
You can indeed have a video. I'll try to post one some time this weekend. I just wrote the mouse SE, too, so I'll test that when I get to school. Also. I discovered that if I connect m non-modded calc via an I/O cable, it can use the PS/2 deice too! (As long as the host calc is off).

....makes sense given how you wired it, can't wait to watch the video.
Quote:
Mouse with a calculator... who would have thought?

And who's going to find it useful Rolling Eyes I can see a keyboard having use for a calc, but a mouse...

Idea Kerm, maybe instead of a mouse, you could use something similar to Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble as a mouse Laughing
I actually made a 4 way tilt sensor for the first dataglove prototype. Oh, and guess what? I can use the dataflow with my calc!!
Could you attach one of those PS/2 to USB connectors and attach a USB thumb drive to that, because the 83's can't use that new GUI, msd8x to use there USB thumb drives.
i doubt it, the ti83 would need more proccessing power than i think it has to do usb, and how would you access the drive, you would need a program to do that, and msd8x will not do that and neither will usb8x
Billybb347 wrote:
Could you attach one of those PS/2 to USB connectors and attach a USB thumb drive to that, because the 83's can't use that new GUI, msd8x to use there USB thumb drives.

lol, no, absolutely not. There's no such thing as a true "usb to PS/2" converter. The ones you are thinking of will only work with USB keyboards and mice. Go ahead, try it out on your PC. Plug a thumb drive into one, plug it into your PS/2 port, and fire up your computer. If it doesn't emit magical smoke (and everybody knows that all computers run on magical smoke), then you will quickly find that you won't be able to access it at all.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Billybb347 wrote:

0x5, no, absolutely not. There's no such thing as a true "usb to PS/2" converter. The ones you are thinking of will only work with USB keyboards and mice. Go ahead, try it out on your PC. Plug a thumb drive into one, plug it into your PS/2 port, and fire up your computer. If it doesn't emit magical smoke (and everybody knows that all computers run on magical smoke), then you will quickly find that you won't be able to access it at all.

i agree with Kllrnohj, i just was not absolutly sure, though you probly could run a ps/2 mouse of usb, if you really worked though i do not know the inner workings of a ps/2 mouse in much detail, so i am not sure.
hey, nice job Kerm.

edit,
Confused

of Orange and Yellow, which one is clockline and which one is data?

also, if Im wiring in an external power supply, where does the negative end of the batteries go?
Glenn wrote:
i agree with Kllrnohj, i just was not absolutly sure, though you probly could run a ps/2 mouse of usb, if you really worked though i do not know the inner workings of a ps/2 mouse in much detail, so i am not sure.

You *SHOULD* be able to use a USB mouse or USB Keyboard with the USB->PS/2 adapter with this just fine... I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to
you can, and i am indeed at the moment with a nice mini USB laptop mouse. Re: the usb thing: with an inversion - to - solidstate circuit and some ingenious software, there's no real reason why you couldn't use my mod to use usb devices on the 83...
KermMartian wrote:
you can, and i am indeed at the moment with a nice mini USB laptop mouse. Re: the usb thing: with an inversion - to - solidstate circuit and some ingenious software, there's no real reason why you couldn't use my mod to use usb devices on the 83...

hehe, that would be hilarious,

Kerm: did you see my question earlier?
Which question was that, exactly? I guess I must have missed it somewhere in the shuffle.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours