Adriweb wrote:
An idea and a solution, yes, but there's still some work to make it work on the latest version, it's not as straightforward as previous version.
Hopefully in the next few days...

forgot to add, i use kali linux
commandblockguy wrote:
What .8xp are you trying to run?
You can neither convert Python files to .8xp, nor convert .8xp files to Python.
You can compile .cpp files into .8xp programs, but this is a one-way process, you can't go backwards.

May be Some metod to edit .8xp file?
What .8xp file is it?
If it's a BASIC program, you can just open it in the prgm > EDIT menu on the calculator, or in TI-Connect CE.
If it's an assembly program, editing it is technically possible but extremely involved. What type of changes would you be looking to make to it, since some are easier than others?
commandblockguy wrote:
What .8xp file is it?
If it's a BASIC program, you can just open it in the prgm > EDIT menu on the calculator, or in TI-Connect CE.
If it's an assembly program, editing it is technically possible but extremely involved. What type of changes would you be looking to make to it, since some are easier than others?

Adriweb wrote:
An idea and a solution, yes, but there's still some work to make it work on the latest version, it's not as straightforward as previous version.

How he do this?
texasins wrote:
Adriweb wrote:

How he do this?

By being one of the authors of that program.
He may not be aware of the various extensions but anyway: if you do have python .8xv files (showing up with "PY" in the memory menu), the latest version of TI Connect CE can export (also import) to .py files you can open on your computer.
Adriweb wrote:
He may not be aware of the various extensions but anyway: if you do have python .8xv files (showing up with "PY" in the memory menu), the latest version of TI Connect CE can export (also import) to .py files you can open on your computer.

can you help solve the problem?
Adriweb wrote:

hope you are still looking for a solution to the problem?
texasins wrote:
Adriweb wrote:

Are you like 6 years old? Be freaking patient, they will get back to you when they have something.
(I'm still not even aware of what more I can provide exactly lol... here's an attempt anyway)

If you can't use a VM with TI-Connect CE, then I guess:
- for user scripts: build tivars_lib_cpp and use the CLI (or modify the test stuff) to work on your files to output the readable code from the binary file
- for TI-provided modules, take a look at https://github.com/commandblockguy/tipycomp

If you can't figure this out on your own from that, well sorry, you probably shouldn't be trying to mess with all this then.
commandblockguy wrote:
What .8xp are you trying to run?
You can neither convert Python files to .8xp, nor convert .8xp files to Python.
You can compile .cpp files into .8xp programs, but this is a one-way process, you can't go backwards.

I think he means the 8xp file as in the Cermastr: "can I somehow just update cermastr myself by converting it into a python or c++ program (which I know how to edit, unlike 8xp which I don't know), editing it ('it should be simple...right?') and dumping it back in".

Sending python files is probably not the main focus.
lol yeah no - don't do anything until the tool is updated and tested to be working.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
texasins wrote:
Adriweb wrote:

Are you like 6 years old? Be freaking patient, they will get back to you when they have something.

sorry, I'll wait
Ok. We all worked very hard for you.

You can download the latest version of CerMastr, compatible with OS 5.8 :
https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=1581757

Then launch it, take a capture or picture of its main screen, and share it with us.
Exit with the [clear] key.

Please do not try anything else on your own.
Based on your current certificate state, we'll get back to you with further instructions after simulating a calculator in such a state and testing them.
critor wrote:
Ok. We all worked very hard for you.

You can download the latest version of CerMastr, compatible with OS 5.8 :
https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=1581757

Then launch it, take a capture or picture of its main screen, and share it with us.
Exit with the [clear] key.

Please do not try anything else on your own.
Based on your current certificate state, we'll get back to you with further instructions after simulating a calculator in such a state and testing them.

I runned it from CabriJr app
Thank you very much.
We're investigating.

And indeed, the certificate is almost empty, and was clearly wiped out by some bug.
critor wrote:
Thank you very much.
We're investigating.

And indeed, the certificate is almost empty, and was clearly wiped out by some bug.

Thank you for your help, yes, the problem has not yet been solved, but a lot has been done, are there options how to solve it?
Yes now that we know what's missing we can provide you steps on how to fix it. Maybe today or soon
Adriweb wrote:
Yes now that we know what's missing we can provide you steps on how to fix it. Maybe today or soon

You are the best!
I have never seen such support on any forum!
I'm from Ukraine, now in Poland.
I'm generally silent about Russian forums...
On Russian forums, instead of support, you will receive a response like "Throw out this calculator".
Adriweb wrote:

This is US forum?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours