i am a big fan of mud games. but when i am at school instead of using a client i downloaded i have to connect using telnet by typing:

telnet:dragonstone.org:1234

and in order to see what i type i have to wait for it to make a connection than push ctrl + ] and type set localecho. is there any way with telnet to make local echo stay on when i exit telnet.
Have you tried @echo on?
no because i connect to the game via telnet by typing telnet:dragonstone.org:1234 in the adress bar instead of opening up telnet and typing connect and all that stuff.
Why not make a batch file containing the following code?

Code:
@echo on
telnet yoursite:port
no idea. see i only use telnet when at school because i dont have a client downloaded on their computers.
Try making a batch file with the code I just posted. Name it whatever.bat and just double-click on it to start this game up.
did not work. let me see if they have another way to connect to telnet.

this is what i am doing but it cannot connect to the game. it does not even try. all it does is bring up the telnet window.

Code:

telnet
set localecho
open dragonstone.org 1234
You can't, at least no way that I know of, especially not without admin rights

the reason the batch script doesn't work, Kerm, is because '@echo on' is for the BAT file, and telnet is a seperate program. That is also the same reason that the code lafferjm posted doesn't work, as telnet is a seperate program, NOT a batch command (aka, it hits 'telnet', and waits for telnet to return)
Oh, you're totally right about that. Oh well, Lafferjm, you'll have to find another way to do it.
KermMartian wrote:
Oh, you're totally right about that. Oh well, Lafferjm, you'll have to find another way to do it.

The only way I can think of would be to launch telnet in a piped environment, and issue the localecho command through that - although that is a pain. Whats wrong with just typing 'localecho on' each time?
nothing just wanted to save time.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours