yeah, if you are actually downloading AT 56k (which, of course, is extremely unlikely), you are looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of 180 hours to download that....
KermMartian wrote:
You're torrenting a 4gig file via 56k? Yeah, let us know in 3 years if that's finished yet. Razz
Sounds like a plan re: lessons 5 and 6. Standing by to proofread.

Umm... I am averaging 1% completed each day, roughly 8 hours for each percent, depending on if someone is online that has the pieces this thing is looking for. So if nothing else, I am looking at 4 months or so for my slow connection, or 2 months if I spend some time at my friend's house to get the better connection.

At the library, I was only getting 6kB/s. For some reason, it would not connect to the correct port...

Anyways, this topic is for the tutorial. Razz

I have started in on the lesson, will hopefully have 5 done tonight.
Well, back on topic here:

I have copied the image of the calculator TI uses in the book and removed all the lettering around the buttons. I have replace the lettering with the corresponding getkey values.

Please tell me what you think. Smile
tifreak8x, that looks really good, you should be proud of yourself. Maybe you should color it to make it look like the real calc?

That is an awesome idea tifreak! I will definitely try that out.
tifreak8x wrote:
tifreak8x, that looks really good, you should be proud of yourself. Maybe you should color it to make it look like the real calc?

That is an awesome idea tifreak! I will definitely try that out.
Yeah, tifreak8x, that's a wonderful idea! I agree with tifreak8x on this one.
lol, I was bored, and since no one had replied... Razz

Anywho, I tried to color it, only problem is that it left lots of spots all over the place, since the pic is not completely white or something... Sad

It would be too much work to get that all filled in...
If you're using any sort of capable graphics editor, you should be able to adjust the tolerances for flood fill..
Indeed. Try using GIMP, or send it to me for image processing. Smile
me and GIMP haven't been getting along too well...

Kerm: You could just copy and save it Razz
I'm afraid this is the best I could do in the limited time I had:

Well, it looks interesting, to be sure, but I was shooting to have the colors match what the calculator itself looks like. Razz

And it seems the ON button got messed up... o.O
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, it looks interesting, to be sure, but I was shooting to have the colors match what the calculator itself looks like. Razz

And it seems the ON button got messed up... o.O
Oh, I thought you would want a TIFW-themed calc. w/e.
Sorry, just wanting to keep things looking as they should...
Lesson 6 is now available in a rewritten form. Please take a look, look through the information, and tell me if you do not agree with something, or if it looks fine.

http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/83p/b/tifw/les6.htm
Sweetness. The only thing that stood out to me was this phrase:
"To define the keys, you can use the following image: "
Perhaps try something like "For getKey values, refer to the following image:"
Hmm... Good idea, I will do that the next time I get on me laptop.
Current tutorials:

+TI-82
(In Development)

TI-83
TI-83 Trix
**TI-83 Guide Part 1
**TI-83 Guide Part 2

TI-83+
axcho's 2d sprite technique
CDI's Advanced Thinking tutorials
-4-way string scrolling for maps
-greyscale tutorial
-making minesweeper clones
**-Creating a "Side View" Game
ElfPrince13's Tutorials
-no-lib guide to BASIC Sprites and Maps
Kerm Martian's BASIC Tutorial
Kevin Ouellet's BASIC Greyscale tutorial
TI-Freakware's BASIC Tutorials (In development)
Using Resource by Spellshaper.

TI-85
**85 Beginner's Guide

TI-86
(In Development)

**Fargo II ASM Tutorials
BASIC Tutorials by Grant Elliot
**Advanced TI-92 BASIC
TIGCC tutorials by Saubue, in German

** Indicates either updated or a new tutorial since the last time I posted.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some updates to the tutorials. I have managed to get a few of the Calc.org tutorials posted, and will hopefully get the rest up soon. Anyways, updated the list to include links directly to the documents or folder, for easier access from this site. (Posted on UTI)

I don't believe I have even posted this list once here, but it is now. Razz Anywho, you are free to check them out if you want...
Lesson 7 of my tutorials have been reposted to TIFW, and I think I did a fair job making it look better and adding new info to it. Smile If you see anything that doesn't make sense, let me know...

http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/83p/b/tifw/les7.htm
Just thought I would post that lesson 8 is nearing completion for its edit, I have 2 or 3 more code blocks to add in, and a lot more <font color= > stuff to take out. Then after that, I guess I should go through and reread the entire tutorial to make sure it still makes sense. Razz
Looking good. Your site really is becoming the definitive source for tutorials in the community. Smile

Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours