Oh, I found the far right close button much nicer to use.
I'm sure there's a skin for FF2 that enables that for you just like there were skins for 1.5 that enabled X's on each tab.
Mmm, definitely. You can totally customize it however you want, so there's no reason whatsoever you couldn't either make a theme or an extension to modify the close tab behavior.
Kllrnohj wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Opera is *much* better with ram management. I can have 12 tabs open overnight and it will barely hit 80MB.

I have >12 open right now and I'm at 88mb in FireFox, so once again, stfu - this isn't an opera vs. FF thread, is an FF2 thread. So do NOT post about how much better you think Opera is than FireFox in this thread. Make a new thread, and I will tear apart Opera so fast you will wish you hadn't made such a thread, but this thread is not the place for that.

@Foamy: Do an extension/theme "check for updates" - most of mine had updated, compatible versions

Wow... do you always have anger issues? Perhaps you could use some professional help. I was simply responding to Kerm and Foamy3 asking about how Opera handled RAM management--are you implying that I should have just ignored the query they posed on the thread? If so, that seems extremely closed minded and I take personal offence at your reprehensible behavior directed towards viewpoints that don't agree with your own. I'm sorry if you take any perceived "attacks" against your (seemingly) vaunted browser personally--I guess Firefox Zealots are all alike. (And yes, I am aware that "Zealot" was probably redundant in the previous sentence)

I'm impressed, however, that Firefox managed to use only 88megabits of RAM while running with more than 12 tabs.
(for some reasons i think allynfolks used (or still use) to play Starcraft)

I wonder if Firefox 2.0 fixed that bug that resetted all default settings if windows crashed sometimes? I had this happen in 1.5, which is why I switched to Opera a while ago. I wonder if it also have some kind of Magic Wand feature like opera does as well?
What does the magic wand feature do in Opera? I've never heard of anything magic or wandish in Firefox, so my initial guess would be no.
pretty useful for places that doesnt remember your login. Basically login somewhere, like a forum, then next time you'll try to login just press the magic wand icon and it will instantly input the username/pass and confirm for you in one single click.
Shock You don't even need to click a magic wand. When you first enter the username and password, Firefox asks you if you want to remember the user/pass combo for next time. The choices are Remember, Not Now, or Never. If you choose Remember, the next time you go to the site the username and password will already be filled out in the login form for you. No clicking each time required. I think having to do one initial click but then multiple clickless insertions is better than no initial click but having to choose to enter the info each time. Also, it can remember multiple user/pass combos for a single site: just change the username and it will change the password to the proper one for that username in the form.
aaah good but in firefox 1.5 sometimes it didnt worked. I still had to type my password and sometimes even my username
xlibman wrote:
aaah good but in firefox 1.5 sometimes it didnt worked. I still had to type my password and sometimes even my username
That's strange. Idea It usually waits until the page loads completely before it fills in the form, though; perhaps the page was slow to load?
allynfolksjr wrote:
Wow... do you always have anger issues? Perhaps you could use some professional help.

Nope, no anger issues. I just can't stand stupid people Smile

Quote:
And yes, I am aware that "Zealot" was probably redundant in the previous sentence

But aparantly you aren't aware that "zealot" isn't a proper noun Rolling Eyes

Quote:
I'm impressed, however, that Firefox managed to use only 88megabits of RAM while running with more than 12 tabs.

wow, way to take that out of context dolt Rolling Eyes Couldn't think of anything better than to nitpick of the capitalization of 'mb'? But since you brought it up, it wouldn't be megabits, either, as that would be Mb, not mb.

@Foamy: Why use the little 'X's at all? I find middle-mouse clicking the tab to close it so much faster and easier than hunting for the little 'X' - be it on the tab or at the corner. But I do believe that is an option somewhere - Firefox is very customizeable, after all (Unlike a certain other browser than starts with an O Razz )
Starts with 'O' and ends with "pera"? Yeah, I generally do the middle-clicking dealio myself. That would actually be "mebibits", not "megabits".
Meh. I'm gonna have to get a different OS on my laptop before I can explore FF2 completely... Vista is a horrible resource hog, and my laptop wont run linux properly (driver issues. I'm working on it... but the comp was designed for Windowze)
I need to disable or scale back the precaching of history pages; I think that would help a lot.
Kllrnohj wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Wow... do you always have anger issues? Perhaps you could use some professional help.

Nope, no anger issues. I just can't stand stupid people Smile

Quote:
And yes, I am aware that "Zealot" was probably redundant in the previous sentence

But aparantly you aren't aware that "zealot" isn't a proper noun Rolling Eyes

Quote:

wow, way to take that out of context dolt Rolling Eyes Couldn't think of anything better than to nitpick of the capitalization of 'mb'? But since you brought it up, it wouldn't be megabits, either, as that would be Mb, not mb.

I find it highly amusing that you complain that I used "Firefox Zealot" when referring to a group, which is a proper noun, in case you weren't paying attention to your English class; I doubt that you were, actually, because "aparantly" you can't even spell correctly--even with spellcheck in your browser!

And just a piece of advice: you won't get very far in life if you continue to simply deem everyone who doesn't agree with you "stupi.d
allynfolksjr wrote:
I find it highly amusing that you complain that I used "Firefox Zealot" when referring to a group, which is a proper noun, in case you weren't paying attention to your English class; I doubt that you were, actually, because "aparantly" you can't even spell correctly--even with spellcheck in your browser!

"Firefox Zealot" is a proper noun, but "zealot" by itself is not. And can you please point out how I "complained" about your use of "zealot", as I am certain that I made no such statements. Apparantly you weren't paying attention during the "reading comprehension" part of English Rolling Eyes Did you not notice which word I was refering to in the quote? See, I actually quote what I am referring to, rather than just quoting the entire post, like you just did.

Oh, and at the time of that post (at school, using IE) I did not have a spellchecker. Way to make assumptions! (Oh, and I don't have a spellchecker right now, either, as I haven't recompiled firefox in linux yet.)

Quote:
And just a piece of advice: you won't get very far in life if you continue to simply deem everyone who doesn't agree with you "stupi.d

Just a piece of advice (again), stfu. Quite trying to analyze people over the Internet and give them crappy advice that they neither want, nor asked for. I don't deem everyone who doesn't agree with me as stupid, just you. And since you seem insistant on nitpicking every little part of my post, however irrelevant it may be, I must ask you, what is "stupi.d? Is it anything like the word "stupid"? (Please tell me I don't need to point out the irony of you misspelling stupid....)
Cut it out, both of you.

We all know a well Nikky is just here to troll. I'm getting tired of it...

Let's get back on topic here... If the trolling continues, measures may be taken.
Seriously, this is a Firefox 2 discussion thread, not a Nikky vs. Kllrnohj debate & fight topic.
alex10819 wrote:
We all know <font color=red>censored</font> well Nikky is just here to troll. I'm getting tired of it...

Then if thats all he is here for, ban him
I'm only a gmod, there's only so much I can do. And that's not the point...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours